Chapter 1 | Urgency

Act I

╌❀✿╌╌💮╌╌✿❀╌

Introduction

╌❀✿╌╌💮╌╌✿❀╌

Sakura quickly made her way through the trees. It was dark, making it hard to see very far and causing her to stumble every so often. Her hair was wet from the rain that was now blocked by the trees, and her clothes were muddy and heavy with water. She held the bag in her arms close to her as she rushed through the woods.

She kept going, from branch to branch. Her feet moved faster as she pumped chakra into them. Adrenaline pumped through her, coursing through her veins like a drug. Suddenly a kunai shot ahead of her, leaving pink strands of hair to fall to the ground in her wake.

She cursed as she focused on who threw the kunai. Anko. Slamming her left foot into a branch, she propelled herself to the right and masked her chakra. The moment she became hidden by the trunk of a tree, she fell to the ground and began to run the opposite direction she had been moments before, hoping to lose the shinobi on her tail.

She never thought she would see her village do something like it had, banning the rescue of those who had not come back on their own. She refused to go back to that village.

Back to Konoha.

╌❀✿╌╌💮╌╌✿❀╌

Chapter 1

╌❀✿╌╌💮╌╌✿❀╌

After a few hours, Sakura had entered the Land of Waves, losing the tracking shinobi before she had started heading in its direction. It had been a while, hadn't it? The Naruto Bridge would be up ahead. She outwardly frowned at the name.

After a few more minutes of running, she had reached the bridge. It had not looked as new as it did, as there were many scratches and scrapes on the walkway. Images of the mission there flashed through her mind before she shook her head, clearing her thoughts. That was not important at the moment. It was more important for her to heal the three she had with her as soon as possible. She looked down at the bag in her arms.

Worry started to well up in her as she quickly sprinted across the bridge. The journey took her five or six minutes in total. As she reached the other side she saw people going about their day. Some laughing and playing, others arguing or keeping to themselves. She attempted to recall the route to the old bridge builder's house but found herself drawing a blank. About to start off in a random direction, a woman's voice caught her attention.

"Sakura? Is that you?" She turned to find Tsunami, the woman who she had helped at the very start of her shinobi career. "It is you! Look how you've grown! But dear, you're filthy, are you alright?"

She had a concerned air about her. Sakura responded with a nod, and the woman somewhat grasped the urgency that the younger was experiencing. "Come along, let's head to my house."

She started off along the coast of the island, triggering Sakura's memory. The young woman quickly approached her.

"Tsunami! Do you have medical supplies? Like needles and thread, bandages, antibiotics?" the shinobi asked quickly. Tsunami looked at her and thought for a moment.

"They're at the house. Sakura, what in the world is wrong? Are you hurt?"

"No, but I have two men and a child here that are in critical condition and I don't have enough supplies. Where are they at your house?"