Chapter 15 | Map

"Where did you get that...?" Neji asked. Kakashi placed a hand on their shoulders and shook his head.

"I'm gonna go see who needs help with anything..." the boy muttered, clearly not wanting to talk about it. He turned and ran off toward the shop before Kakashi gave a sigh.

"He and his team were unknowingly passing by where we were. Ebisu had gone off to do who knows what, and an enemy found the three of them. They killed Moegi and Udon."

Tenten placed her hand over her mouth again.

"Oh my god..."

"Ebisu said he watched all three of them die... a rock fell on them while they had been fighting an enemy..." Neji growled. Kakashi tensed, though none of them were sure exactly why.

"You all go ahead..." he muttered, quickly turning and walking off.

"What?" Tenten whispered, looking to Sai, who only shrugged. The three of them began making their way back.

"Kosai said that Ebisu came back. He said he called out and Ebisu heard and looked at him, but he just turned and ran..." Sai explained quietly.

"I can't believe this..." the woman muttered, placing her face in her hands before wiping her eyes.

"Sakura found him and chased Ebisu down; said she punched him." Both of the new arrivals winced. "Let's change the subject, shall we...? I'm glad to see you three here."

He gave a sad smile that told them he had thought Ino did not come with them.

"Shikamaru left, too," Tenten explained. "He's searching for the Sand Siblings, then he'll meet us here."

"I see..." They were in view of the shop now and could make out the purple outfit and blonde hair of the woman on the front porch. Though, Sai was looking down at the ground, sulking quietly. The blonde noticed them approaching and took a step forward.

"S-Sai!?" His head snapped up to look at the woman who called his name. His eyes grew as he focused on her. His pace quickened.

"Ino?" he asked. She smiled and ran towards him.

"Sai!" She jumped into his arms and he spun her around to keep them from falling. "You're okay! I was so worried!"

He buried his face in her neck.

"I'm so happy you came."

"Tenten, your nose is bleeding..." Neji muttered, the brunette quickly covering her nose with her hand.

╌❀✿╌╌💮╌╌✿❀╌

Those who were well enough to be up and about were sitting outside the cloth shop. Sakura had finished up all of the operations that needed to be done, and Iro decided she and Koshu would make everyone clothing as many people had lost all of their belongings.

Sai, Ino, and Neji were sealing away the bodies so they could be kept until someone designated a proper burial place. Tenten and the members of the crew Shino had arrived with began to seal away buildings and the remnants of the rest of the village. Shino himself sat in the back room of Iro's fabric shop with Sakura.

The woman had smoothed out a rather simplistic map that looked like it could have been drawn by a child.

"So this is it-"

"Did Kono- er, Kosai draw this?" he muttered. Sakura held back a laugh.

"Actually it was Kakashi," Shino gave a snort of amusement before she continued. "Obviously, Sai would have done it, but we only needed a rough sketch and he would have taken too long. Plus, he was helping explore the huge ravine."