Chapter 19 | Repaired

Tenten and Ino had finished up their food and gone to check on Sai and Shino when they had not come back. The two women walked into the bookshop to find Shino making his way down the stairs with Sai following behind him. They were talking about Kosai and Inari.

"Where have you two been?" the blonde asked as she crossed her arms. They looked to the women and were about to respond when the sound of a door opening was heard from the second floor, followed by conversing voices. A moment later, Kakashi and Sakura appeared around the corner. Her hands moved to her hips. "Sakura! Kakashi! Where have you been!?"

"Jeez, Ino, you just have to know where everyone's been," Tenten snickered, only receiving a roll of the blonde's eyes in return.

"We were wondering if we could join you for breakfast?" Sakura asked, giving a smile. The two women noticed that instead of the yukata she was wearing the day before, she was wearing a pair of large gray sweatpants and an oversized black t-shirt.

"Not in those clothes you're not!" Ino protested as she made her way up the stairs. She caught her friend by the elbow and dragged her to the room with their belongings. Once inside, she shut the door and released her, going over to the chest and pulling out a pair of black knee-length shorts and a t-shirt. "Change into these at least."

At that time, something occurred to her. "Now that I think about it, why aren't you wearing your other clothes?"

The pinkette sighed and started changing.

"It got blood on it, I'm going to take it to Grandmother and see if she can do something," she explained as she finished putting on the powder pink t-shirt. She then pointed at the folded up pile of clothes she had put on the sleeping mat she had used.

"I did not see you carrying that," Ino said matter-of-factly, causing the other to laugh. "But are you okay? You said there was blood."

Sakura nodded.

"I'm fine, it's not mine, it's Kakashi's." She gained a confused look from her friend. She sighed again and retold what had happened the night before.

"So you're saying you reattached his eye correctly without his okay?" Ino blinked in surprise.

"I don't care if he gets mad at me, it was bleeding and I made it so that it wouldn't," the other woman huffed.

"I mean, I understand that part, but you're not going to ask him what happened? He almost killed you."

"And he already apologized... Multiple times."

Ino gave a long sigh.

"I just hope he's okay, I guess..."

Sakura picked up her yukata and exited the room with Ino on her tail. The two made their way down the stairs to find the men talking with Tenten. Kakashi noticed them and looked at Sakura.

"Before we go next door," he started, "I need to ask you about something."

He pulled up his headband to show a red and black layered pupil and iris, instead of what the others remembered should have been the sharingan. "What did you do to my eye?"

She walked over to him and squinted in confusion as she examined it.

"Why is it not the sharingan?" she asked.

"That's what I was going to ask you. When I cut all chakra from it, normally I wouldn't be able to see," he explained, "but for some reason when I did it after I woke up it did this. Even when it was just the normal sharingan it used much less chakra than it did before."

"Not to mention that when you used the mangekyo, you didn't bleed," Sai added.

"When you fell asleep I was worried about the state of your eye," the woman stated. "So I checked on it only to find that whoever put it in you wasn't that skilled of an optical medic. Some of the chakra veins weren't matched up, which meant that you couldn't control it the way you should have been able to. There was some permanent damage, as you can see by the red rings, but other than that I was able to redo the operation successfully."

Those in the room only stared at her in awe.

"You're telling me that you did an operation in the middle of the woods without the right equipment?" Shino asked, to which she nodded.

"Where the blood comes from in the first place is, when he tries to use the mangekyo, he's using so much chakra that the chakra duct bursts. Resulting in the pain he feels and the blood. What I did is I severed the eye, reattached the correct nerves and chakra ducts, and healed it completely."

They again only stared at her.

"That explains why you were unconscious when I woke up," Kakashi muttered incredulously as he brought her into a hug of gratitude.

"You were both unconscious at the same time?!" Ino exclaimed. The older man released his ex student and they both shrugged. Ino threw her arms in the air and let out a frustrated yell. "Do you realize you could have gotten kidnapped or killed, you reckless—"

She was cut off as Sai turned her toward him and kissed her. Her eyes grew wide and her face turned a flattering shade of red as he pulled away. She blinked as he grabbed her hand and began to pull her out of the building, with her still processing that he had just done it in front of everyone.

"See you guys later," was all he said before exiting the building. After a moment of silence, Tenten let out a long wheeze as she grabbed her stomach.

"That's one way to get her to stop talking," Sakura laughed, placing her hand on her hip. "I guess he's the only one with that power then."

"That's a very useful power..." Shino muttered, glancing over to make sure Tenten was still breathing.