Chapter 47 | Arrangement

The red-haired woman looked around the small village as she followed the ANBU to the room where she would meet the widely talked about Namikage. The ANBU had light blond hair and a mask that was completely white other than a light purple stripe going vertically down the mask over her right eye.

"This is much smaller than I had anticipated," the visitor said.

"We are small, but we try our best," the ANBU woman responded, not turning from the direction she was walking.

"You must do very well, seeing as you've grown so much in such a short time."

"The princess tries her best to keep the people above all else. They know this and apparently people from outside the village like that too."

The visitor watched as a group of children ran past them, waving at her.

"Megumi!" a girl called. "Thank you for helping my daddy!"

The ANBU waved as they continued walking. They turned and took a road between two buildings before coming to a large tunnel made of flowers. The visitor and those who accompanied her paused to look at it.

"It's not finished yet, but it's much farther than it was. It used to only be on the two front poles." They walked through the tunnel, the small group admiring the natural beauty. They reached the other end before coming to a stop at the foot of the tall white tower that could be seen from outside the village walls. Two other ANBU appeared out of the building: one with a mask resembling a Koi fish, and the other looking somewhat like a seal. The woman who had been leading them turned to face her. "This is the building where the princess will meet with you. She is waiting inside."

"Let's get this started then," the visitor stated.

The female ANBU nodded and led the group into the building.

They went up a few flights of stairs before coming to a large door. The entirety of the building was made out of white wood, the doors, window frames, and floors being no different. The ANBU knocked on the door before a quiet response came from the other side. The door was then opened and the small group entered.

Sitting at a table was someone wearing a woman mask, a Kage hat placed on their head. An ANBU man stood behind her, slightly to the side, his mask resembling a dog. On the right side of the room, two men sat on cushions: one with fire-orange hair, the other with sandy-tan.

Each person who knew who they were by their chakra immediately became on edge and the Mist ANBU readied to fight.

"If you can't relax, get out. I don't need you starting a war," the Mizukage frowned. The Mist ANBU bowed and apologized before the woman took a seat in the chair opposite of the masked Kage. It was silent for a few moments.

"Thank you for coming," the Namikage spoke, her voice being trapped by the mask and causing her to sound odd.

"So it's true then. That you have tamed—"

"Don't use that word," the other Kage said sharply. "They are a part of this village. They don't have to worry about being called monsters and being hunted. That's not taming. They are my friends."

"My apologies..."

"Do you have the scroll?" The red-haired woman raised her right hand and the man behind her pulled a large scroll from his back.

"This is the to-be jinchuriki," she stated, lifting her left hand. A young man stepped forward, though he looked a little frightened.

"I have another deal to propose to you." The red-haired woman narrowed her eyes.

"Don't attempt to ask anything more. This deal is risky as it is."

"Even if it means more knowledge about medical jutsu and resources?"

"What kind of resources?"

"There may be a fair amount of precious metals that we have found in a certain area of our village."

"It's true those are hard to come by..."

"I would offer you fish, but we both know why I'm not."

"Fair point. If I was in any other village I might accept." The older woman sighed. "What's the offer?"

"Give us Isobu, the three-tails." The Mizukage stood, slamming her hand on the table.

"What do you think this is!?"

"I am trying to avoid a war in the future and I am offering you many things in return for both what I asked for in my letter and him. If there is something else you want then make an offer."

"I want to know where exactly the rest of your village is." Shukaku and Kurama looked at the woman in surprise. "There's no way that this is it. Pretty as it may be, I see no hospital, no Kage tower, or other major buildings. So that must mean that they're in another location."

"That is all you ask for?" the masked Kage asked, no surprise in her voice.

"Yes. I know you will not tell me, so there is no use in this deal."

The Namikage pushed back her chair and stood calmly.

"Gin, show the two brothers out. Megumi, if you might show those who accompanied Lady Mizukage out to another conference room." The others left and the masked Kage took off her hat and mask. Sakura stared at the woman. "I will tell you, and show you in fact."

The Mizukage looked at her in surprise. "Do we have a deal?"

The Mizukage stared at the woman in front of her for a few moments, remembering the warnings from the elders about not trusting the hidden Kage.

"I will take a risk... Yes, I accept this deal. You may search and collect from Akatsuki bases in the Land of Water in cooperation with us, the criminal's body will be transferred here, and we will hand the Three-Tails over to you."

Sakura let out a relieved sigh and smiled.

"Thank goodness." The Mizukage gave her a look of confusion and Sakura shook her head. "Kurama and Shukaku were already planning on how to steal him from you if this didn't work out. That was behind my back of course, as I would never let them do something so stupid. But now I don't have to worry about them starting a war."

She explained this as she made her way over to the window, opening the shutters. "Come over and I'll show you where Arashijima is."