Chapter 5 | Strength

"I agree this is something we need to go over, but I'd really like to get some new clothes," Sai put forward, Sakura nodded in agreement.

"Yeah..." Konohamaru muttered, looking down.

"If it's clothes you're looking for, I know just the place!" Tsunami smiled.

╌❀✿╌╌💮╌╌✿❀╌

The two younger boys followed behind the rest of the group as they made their way down the main road of the town. Apparently, Inari's mother had a friend who co-owned a store that made custom order clothes. The group was headed toward the shop and Konohamaru was thinking about what he would want to get.

"I think I'm gonna get another jacket," he said. His current jacket was unusable because it was covered in blood and torn up. He pushed aside the memory. "And I was starting to think about shorts..."

"What kind of shirt are you gonna get?" Inari asked. The other boy shrugged in response. "Hmm, what about dark blue?"

Konohamaru hummed in thought.

"Yeah, that sounds cool. So I'll get a new jacket, but I think I'll get the side to match my scar."

"Like a patch?"

"Yeah."

"That sounds cool!"

"Hey, Inari."

The other boy looked over to him.

"Yeah?"

"Do you wanna' be friends?"

Inari grinned.

"Yeah! I've never had a friend my age!"

"Then we'll be best friends!" Konohamaru grinned back, lifting his fist.

"Yeah!" They bumped fists before beginning to discuss their interests. They found they had many that were similar, one subject being how they had both looked up to Naruto at one point. The group in front of them came to a halt and they looked past to find the shop.

"This is it," Tsunami said. They entered the building and were met with hundreds of rolls of fabrics. Tsunami approached a counter and spoke with an older woman before returning with a woman more around her age. "This is Koshu. She will be the one making your clothes."

Koshu bowed.

"Hello, if you already know what you would like please browse our fabrics. Bring a card from each fabric back to the woman at the desk over there and tell her what you would like. After you get it sorted out, she'll give me the templates and I'll get to work."

The group thanked her and went their separate ways. The two boys explored around all of the isles. Konohamaru located a tan fabric that felt the same as his ruined jacket and took a card from the wooden pole next to it. Inari then found the navy blue he thought his friend could use for his shirt. They walked around for a bit longer before finding Kakashi and Sai talking about a kind of fabric that would be good for pants. Konohamaru approached and asked them for a card that Kakashi handed him before the two went back to talking.

Konohamaru finally felt like he had gotten what he wanted, but looked around as he heard Inari call his name. He found him in the corner of the shop.

"Look at this!" He pointed out a green fabric that they both found rather odd. It shimmered like water, yet still retained a fabric texture. Konohamaru pulled the card for it.

"This would look cool on my shirt."

"You should do it! But what were you thinking?"

"Hmmm..."