Chapter 41 | Arrival

"So what has he requested you to do, dear?" Iro asked. Sakura groaned, not picking her head up from the meeting table.

"Shukaku wants us to get a scroll holding an immense amount of his chakra from Suna," Shikamaru sighed.

"Just steal it," Kankuro said bitterly. Temari hit him on the back of the head. "I was joking, sorry."

The meeting room turned to debate as Sakura thought things through in her head. She stood and began walking out the door, pulling a startled Kakashi with her. The room went silent as she exited.

"What's wrong?" he asked as they entered her office.

"Inform Tsunami I wish to speak with her."

"Right..." He disappeared and walked back in a minute later. "She's on her way. What are you thinking?"

"I want that scroll," she said, lacing her fingers together. Not knowing exactly what she meant, he stayed quiet. After a few minutes, a knock was heard on the door. "Come in."

The woman walked in and shut the door behind her.

"You asked to see me?"

"Tsunami, I need the scroll from Kirigakure." The woman looked at her in discomfort.

"But I—"

"I know you have its location, so there's no use lying to me." Both Tsunami and Kakashi grew nervous. Sakura's tone was more stern than either had ever heard.

╌❀✿╌╌💮╌╌✿❀╌

"I'm assigning you all to your first ANBU ranked mission. I trust all of you will hold this at the highest amount of secrecy possible," Sakura said as she picked up a scroll from her desk. In her office stood Sai, Tenten, Kankuro, and Shikamaru. "I'm assigning Sai as captain. You will report to Iro for your clothing and you are free to choose your code names. Read the scroll, then burn it. Do you have any questions?"

"I do actually... I thought you told Gaara that we wouldn't be going out on missions..." Kankuro muttered.

"Your siblings don't know about this. I'm sending you out on this because I can see your talents coming in handy. We also won't have problems with you being recognized easily, seeing as you'll have a mask and should be masking your chakra unless needed."

"Understood."

"You are dismissed." Before they were even able to leave, Tidbit burst through the small door in the window and skidded across Sakura's desk. She hopped up and hopped around before the woman was able to take the small scroll from its back. She opened it, then opened the letter. A smile spread across her face. "After you collect your things, get Ino."

"Why?" Tenten asked.

"They're here."

Shikamaru was out the door uncharacteristically quick.

╌❀✿╌╌💮╌╌✿❀╌

Temari was leaving the restaurant Kirai worked in when a small hummingbird flew into her. It caught itself and flew around in circles before flying off in the direction of the front gate. She quickly followed it, reaching the gate in close to a minute. She stopped for a moment before running over to Oginku.

"You needed me?" The man looked up and pointed behind her as he smiled.

"Temari?" She turned around to find Shikaku and Yoshino. "It is you!"

Yoshino ran over and brought her into a hug.

"Hello, been a while."

"Dad!!" The group looked down the path to see Ino with Sai following behind her.

"Ino!" her father exclaimed joyously. She jumped at him and he caught her.

"Ino? I thought you were..." Iruka was lost for words.

"I'm sorry Teacher, we decided to do that instead of Konoha chasing after us," Tenten said as she jumped down from the rooftops, followed by the others.

"Hey, dad," Shikamaru greeted, approaching his father.

"There you are."

Iruka, Kurenai, and the Akimichis, excluding Choji, were in shock seeing the faces they never thought they would see again.

"Teacher Iruka!!" Kosai yelled as he ran at him. He jumped and smashed into the man, giving him a hug. Inari ran up to the large group but kept to himself.

"Konohamaru!?" Tears of happiness built up in the teacher's eyes as he clutched his former student close to him. "Where are Udon and Moegi?"

He asked this as he looked around. He felt the boy's arms loosen, and the atmosphere grew solemn. Kosai released him and took his hand. He looked up at him and gave a sad smile.

"Come with me, Teacher... Come on, Inari..." The two boys walked off to a destination unknown to many of the others.

"Where are they going?" Yoshino asked quietly as they disappeared behind the buildings.

"The graveyard..." Temari said sadly.

"So they are dead..." Kurenai asked, on the verge of crying.

"We can talk about that later... Why don't you guys explain why you're dressed in ANBU clothes?" Temari asked. A bead of sweat formed on Shikamaru's cheek as he felt the question was pointed at him more than the others.

"That's confidential, sorry. We have to leave, but we'll be back," Sai said, eyeing Inoichi as Ino walked over to Kurenai. Before she could notice he grabbed the man's arm and pulled him off to the side.

"What's—"

"Shh. I've been meaning to ask you something for a very long time now."

"Alright?"

"Sir, may I have permission to ask your daughter to marry me?" he asked quietly. Inoichi's eyes grew as he looked at the young man. He had known they were dating but hadn't expected the boy to ask him before actually doing it. He smiled and placed his hand on Sai's shoulder.

"Of course."

A bright smile grew on the younger man's face.

"Thank you. Thank you so much. I promise you won't regret this."

"You're very welcome. I assume this is a surprise so I won't say anything."

A look of confusion crossed Sai's face.

"How did you know?"

"Because my daughter is looking at you suspiciously."

A bead of sweat formed on Sai's cheek.

"I see... Well, we really need to leave, it was good you were able to come, sir, she's really missed you."

"Be safe."

"Always." Inoichi smiled to himself as Sai turned towards Ino and began towards her. He was able to tell that was a response he gave often.

"What were you two talking about?"

"Just catching up. Alright guys, we really should get going. I'll see you when I get back." He pecked her on the lips and began to leave.

"Be careful!"

"Always!"

Inoichi laughed to himself.