Chapter 20 | Rebuild

The group made their way out of the bookshop and over to the restaurant. They retook their seats and Kakashi pulled over a chair for himself and Sakura took the seat that was next to Shino that Kosai had used.

"So why did you need chakra paper?" Ino asked, passing a pot of coffee to her pink-haired friend.

"Kosai," Shino started, saying the name as to remind himself that it was the boy's name at that point, "and Inari said their papers didn't work. I figured that one of these would work."

"Didn't work?" Kakashi asked, glancing at a villager that was approaching them with a tray of food. "How so?"

"Inari said his didn't match any of the descriptions and Kosai said his shattered."

Kakashi paused as he looked back to the Aburame.

"Shattered?"

"Like glass, it cut him," Shino explained, pausing in the conversation as the woman with the food finally stopped next to them.

"Good morning..." she murmured. It was obvious that she was being as cheerful as she could have been at the time. "Princess, I've brought you some food; some for you as well sir."

"Thank you very much," Sakura smiled as the woman set plates of eggs and sausage in front of both of them. "This looks delicious."

The woman's smile grew brighter.

"Thank you... We were able to feed everyone this morning so we're thankful to all of you for helping us."

"Are the food supplies running low?" Kakashi asked, the woman gave a solemn nod.

"Most of the grain fields were destroyed and livestock were killed yesterday... We'll have to buy more... and replant..." The woman gave a sigh.

"I'll help as much as I can, no one here deserves to struggle like this," Sakura stated softly, the woman thanked her before taking her leave. During that time, Tenten had been explaining Kakashi's eye to Neji, who wasn't sure he followed the entirety of her story. There were quiet discussions about a variety of things before the two younger boys came back to the table, Kosai not having any problem with Sakura having taken his seat.

"I found some chakra paper," Shino informed as he put an overstuffed envelope on the table. Kosai gave it a nervous glance.

"We're not doing that now, right?" he asked. Shino shook his head. Inari opened his mouth to speak only to be cut off by Iro, to which he rolled his eyes and laughed silently.

"Everyone, I hope you can bear with this old woman speaking for a few moments." Everyone chuckled at the elder. "Myself and the shinobi that have helped us have come up with a plan. We will remain here to help rebuild the village for those who wish to stay and bid welcome to travelers and run the port to Arashijima. It may take time but they refuse to leave you, as do I."

Most of the people cheered. "We would like to begin this morning if that's all right with all of you."

The people cheered again, filled with hope for their new port village. Iro smiled and began to walk outside as most of the women and men followed her out the door.

Kosai and Inari were ready to get to work, but the former paused as his friend was held back by his mother.

"Sweetheart, I'd like you and Kosai to help watch over the children," Tsunami started. Inari opened his mouth to protest, but she gave him a look that he knew all too well he wasn't allowed to argue with. He grumbled to himself as he looked over at the other. Kosai glanced at the woman before looking back to his friend. He gave a disappointed sigh at seeing that he wouldn't be able to argue with her either and dropped his shoulders.

"Fine..." Inari muttered. Tsunami gave a smile and informed them that the children were in the back corner of the dining area. She also told them that she would help clean before she left them and headed over to a group of women.

"Well this is lame," Kosai muttered, trudging in the direction of the children.

"You didn't have to stay too..." Inari murmured, following behind him.

"Well, it's kinda unfair for me to leave you here," he shrugged. He held out his fist. "We're a team, right?"

Inari looked at it for a moment before bumping it with his, giving a grin as well.

╌❀✿╌╌💮╌╌✿❀╌

Kakashi walked beside Sai as they followed behind Iro. He was having difficulty deciding whether or not to try out his old kohai's jutsu. He knew he wouldn't have enough chakra, but it was the easiest way to rebuild; plus he would get the amusement of confusing the hell out of the others. He looked to his right to see Kurama and Shino talking about Kosai, and an idea popped into his head.

"Might as well," he sighed. Sai looked at him curiously. "Hey Kurama, mind coming over here for a second?"

The redhead looked up and nodded to Shino. "Mind lending me some chakra?"

He raised a brow.

"I suppose, what for?" Kakashi only walked over to an empty area, unknowingly calling everyone else's attention. He knelt on the ground and held his hands in front of him. Kurama got the picture, as well as he could while not knowing exactly what the silver-haired jounin was planning, and placed his hands on his back. He slowly pumped chakra out of his hands and into Kakashi's body.

The moment Kakashi felt he had enough chakra for what he wanted to do, he quickly began the needed hand signs. Upon completion, he slammed both of his hands onto the ground, sending wooden pillars up from the corners of the house. People gasped as more pillars shot up from the dirt to form walls and crossed over on one another to form a roof.

After he felt he was done, he pulled his hands from the ground and stood up. He turned to see the crowd staring at him dumbfounded, all at once they started cheering. Kakashi looked over to Sakura and the others and held back a laugh as they stared at him, dumbfounded.

"That was quite impressive," Iro stated as she stepped forward. "But it's a bit bland, don't you think?"

She removed her hands from their sleeves. "Now step back boys, this needs a little decoration."

She held two fingers up in front of her and closed her eyes. Quickly, she raised her other arm and opened her eyes, lengths of fabric shot out from her sleeve, and enveloped the house. She then pulled on them and they returned to her, retreating into her sleeve once more. The people looked at the now lightly decorated house in awe.

Banners hung on either side of the door, both adorned with the Arashigakure star. The door was a darker wood along with the corner pillars, contrasting against the walls of the house that were a seafoam green. Through the windows, you could see dark green curtains and the painted insides of the house. The shinobi gawked at the elderly woman, as none of them had known she used ninjutsu of any kind.

"Wha... What!?" Tenten asked, blinking.

"My jutsu isn't too well suited for combat," the old woman mused, "but it works well nonetheless. How do you think I got all of your clothing done so quickly?"

"That makes much more sense now," Shino murmured as he looked down at his clothing. Kakashi looked at the elder and Kurama.

"You up to do the rest of town?"