Chapter 65 | Patient

In her place was a young woman with blue hair and a fair face. Her left eye was yellow and right green with her skin being a deep caramel. She had found the skin tone interesting when observing those from Kumogakure. She wore a loose blue yukata over a netting top and had grass sandals. She looked down at herself for a moment before making her way over to the two men. Skukaku gave her two thumbs up with a large grin.

"Let's go see Sakura! I bet she's doing something important we can interrupt!" he declared. Isobu gave a shake of his head as he trailed behind.

Later, Sakura looked up from her documents as the three entered her office. She was surprised to see the new woman before realizing it was Matatabi.

"Hello," she greeted. She looked to Shukaku with a stern glare. "What did I say about just walking in here?"

"Not to," he responded as he looked at the map on the wall. Sakura gave a sigh and she pinched the bridge of her nose. He pointed at the area they were at and looked to his sister. "We're right here."

She looked at the map for a moment before nodding.

"This is Lady Sakura," Isobu said quietly, feeling uncomfortable for having invaded her office so suddenly. Matatabi stared at the other woman for a few moments with her bi-color eyes. In them were curiosity and suspicion that were easy to detect.

"Do you have any questions for me?" Sakura asked. Matatabi was silent and only watched her.

"Shukaku told her about most things," Isobu told her. Sakura gave a nod.

"Well, if there's nothing I can do for you, why not see what Isobu has been doing recently? I hear he's been making his first cakes," she smiled. A gleam appeared in the turtle's eye as he looked to his sister and she was surprised to see him so excited. She gave a sigh and nodded for him to lead the way.

╌❀✿╌╌💮╌╌✿❀╌

Sakura approached the farthest reaches of the hospital, making her way through two security checkpoints being guarded by Tenten and Gaara respectively. A door to one of the four most guarded rooms opened to show a man lying in a hospital bed. From what they had discovered from checking his physical state was that the right half of his body was covered in scar tissue. His blood also showed signs of highly regenerative abilities similar to those that belonged to Senju Hashirama and Yamato. She gave a sigh as she checked on his vitals and wrote things down on a chart.

A sudden gasp from behind her caused her to jump and she dropped the clipboard. It clattered to the floor as she whipped around to see the man sitting up, hand on his head.

"W-Where-!?" he started, only to wince. She decided he sat up too fast and hit the assistance button on the side of the bed to call for a nurse to help her with him.

"Excuse me." His eyes looked over to her in shock. "Let's have you lie back down."

He hesitated but did as she asked. "Do you know who you are?"

She asked this as a man in a nurse's uniform entered the room.

"Yes..."

"That's good. Do you know where you are?" He looked around, skeptical for a moment.

"A... hospital...?" he asked as the nurse began to check the machines connected to him.

"Well, yes. That's right, though it's not the answer I was looking for."

"Why am I here?"

Sakura crouched down and picked up the clipboard before standing back up.

"You attacked our village with one of the tailed beasts," she said simply. He raised a brow.

"I did what?"

"You heard me the first time," she stated, looking at him with stern jade eyes. He felt himself recoil at a look that was similar to one an old teammate would give him.

"Sorry... But I don't remember doing anything like that," he told her truthfully.

"How good is your memory?"

"I–" He paused, his eyes growing wide slightly. For some reason the past few years were fuzzy and he grabbed his head. "What...?"

"You had a hypnosis seal on your mind," she started. He looked up at her as she wrote something down on the paper. "We removed it."

Later, Sakura sat in one of the chairs in the man's room writing notes over his physical condition as she waited for reports. The man was lying in bed again thinking about who knew what when the door to the room opened and Kakashi stepped inside with the reports under his arm. He made his way over to her and set them down on the table before greeting her. They talked for a moment before the man in the bed spoke.

"K-Kakashi..?" Both the man and woman looked over to the bed and Kakashi went rigid, Sakura noticing immediately.

"O... Obito?"

Sakura was pretty unsure of the situation that was going on as the two men sat in silence for more than an hour. She was unsure if she should say something or not before she gave a sigh. She stood, making her way over to the machines and doing some more retests.

"So I'm in Konoha then..." Obito finally muttered.

"You're in Arashigakure," Sakura told him, not taking the time to turn around.

"Arashi? That new village in the Land of Waves?" he asked.

"So you know about us?" she asked.

"Not much..." He held his head again. "I just remember... I remember there are tailed beasts here..."

"Did you come to take them?"

"I..." After a minute of struggling to remember he let out a growl and flopped back on his pillow. "Shit! I can't remember almost anything! I just remember getting trapped under that rock and some things in between!"

Sakura paused and turned around to look at him slowly. Realization washed over her as she remembered the story from the Third Shinobi War that Kakashi had told her after his breakdown in the forest all those months back.

"Wait..." she muttered, looking to Kakashi, who nodded.