Chapter 59 | Conference

It was not long before two men entered the conference room. They were recognizable by their basic appearance and color schemes. And even if they were in human forms their chakra was wild and immense.

"You're not sending us away are you?" Shukaku asked, eyeing Killer Bee. He could feel his brother's chakra from the man.

"Is that what you're afraid of? I'm a little hurt," the Namikage chuckled. "No, you already know you're famous. Lord Raikage wanted to meet you."

"The Raikage?" They looked to the man sitting in the seat and both of their faces scrunched up slightly to show distaste.

"He's got the nerve to show up with—"

"Kurama," the Namikage spoke. It was a warning. The nine-tails shut his mouth and looked away from the two men to see Mei who waved at him with a smile. He gave a small nod.

"Sorry..." he muttered.

"Even if they're rude, they still behave like people," A laughed suddenly. "Alright, I've decided on something. Lady Namikage, let's speak in private later."

"If you wish," she nodded.

"Now for the last thing that was of importance," his smile turned a bit dark as he leaned back in his chair, crossing his arms. "Why don't you take off your mask?"

"Lord Raikage—" Mei tried.

"From what I heard from the Mizukage, you'll be needing our help with Konoha, so I need to know the exact reason why." It was silent for a moment before the Namikage reached up and removed the mask and hat, setting them on the table. "Ah... I knew it."

"Did you now?" Sakura asked, feeling no hostility toward her from the man.

"I knew we'd met before somewhere, didn't you visit with the old lady at one point?"

"Yes, I was her student once."

"And that was then I suppose..." he muttered referring to the fact that she was now wanted. "My guess is you want off the wanted list."

"While that would be helpful I don't expect help, that must have been something Lady Mizukage brought up on her own," the young woman said as she looked to Mei.

"Well I don't think you deserve to be on it," the redhead shrugged. "From what I've gathered she gave an outrageous order that I'm surprised more people didn't go against."

"What happened? We heard there was a fight but didn't look into the details," A said.

After a thorough explanation, the Raikage wore a displeased look.

"So you actually ended up saving some of the shinobi that would have died due to the order, two of which you knew."

"That's correct."

"And who knows how many would have been saved if you had gone back immediately..." He lifted his hand and placed it on his head as he gave a sigh. "I'm not sure what was going through her head, but that kind of order..."

"It was irrational," Sakura muttered. "While I would be grateful for any help you would give me, I don't expect anything at all from you. I hope you know this."

"I'm actually willing... But I'll need something in return." He paused. "No, we already got something."

Sakura raised a brow.

"That rogue you brought to us a few weeks ago. We'd been searching for her for years, killed dozens of ANBU. You took care of her for us, I'll do you this favor."

Sakura lit up.

"Are you sure?"

"Of course. It shouldn't be such a big deal to cause me to lose hours of work over." Sakura dipped her head in a bow, thank you very much. Huang Po murmured from next to her and she shot back up giving him an apology. He had scolded her for lowering her head to someone lower than herself, though she disagreed with it on the inside for the situation.

"Now we just need a third village to wipe you from all of the bingo books," Mei smiled, looking at the younger woman.

╌❀✿╌╌💮╌╌✿❀╌

Sakura and A entered the young woman's office and took a seat each as the others went to either explore the village or go with the tailed beasts.

"Now, about what you wished to discuss," she started. He finished glancing around her office before nodding.

"I'd like to send Bee here when he retires."

She stared at him for a while without saying anything.

"When... he retires. The jinchuriki?"

"Yes," he nodded.

"As a vacation or—"

"No, I'd like to offer you the eight tails." Sakura stared at him in utter shock.

"Pardon me, this is a lot to take in..." she looked down at her desk trying to collect her thoughts. "So you're offering Gyuki... Alright, I think I understand...."

"I won't offer you Bee, he's my brother.... But eventually... the time will come where he has to leave this world, and he never wants Gyuki, as you call him, to be sealed again. So I think this is the perfect opportunity to fulfill his wishes."

"You realize what it is you're saying...."

"I do, even if I'm not still in my seat I already know who I want to succeed me, and I know he'll follow my wishes."

"This is... so sudden... I want to accept your request but I need you to know what might happen if this agreement is made and isn't upheld." He raised a brow. "As I said, the brothers are stubborn."

She groaned, resting her face in her hand. "If they end up hearing about this and it's not upheld a war will probably break out..."

"Then those are the consequences my successor chose to accept. It's a stupid thing to do."

Sakura was quiet as she stared at the man in front of her. It felt like much longer than it really was before she pulled a sheet of paper from the clean stack and a pen from the drawer.

"I'll accept, as I'll never have this opportunity ever again."