Chapter 51 | Report

"He was one of the top ANBU of Kiri during the time of the Bloody Mist, and those in the Terumi clan wanted to keep things from escalating further than they could help," Mei began. "The clan leader at the time gave him the mission of taking one of the main scrolls that the Fourth Mizukage hadn't read through yet. Obviously, in doing so, he became wanted and was ordered to flee with the scroll. He was to hide the scroll until the reign of the Fourth Mizukage came to an end one way or another, and then return with it."

"Why was he killed then...?" Inari murmured.

"He must have come here in an attempt to head for the Land of Fire or somewhere beyond," she sighed. "I would bet that he was spotted in town. And if he loved your mother, he would have trusted her to hide the scroll if he didn't come back after a certain amount of time. My best guess is that he lost his battle with his captors... He was dead when they brought him back..."

"I guess mom would know," he said to himself, giving a sigh. He tensed up as the woman stepped forward and placed her hand on his head, ruffling his hair.

"I think it was a bit of a miracle that you don't have our hair color," she smiled. "Otherwise someone would have found you. I'm sure my brother would have been thrilled that you took after your mother."

"Brother..?" Inari muttered, reaching up to try to keep his headband in place.

"Ichikai," she smiled. The boy's eyes grew wide with shock. "Welcome to the Terumi Clan, Nephew."

╌❀✿╌╌💮╌╌✿❀╌

"Welcome back, Hatake," Oginku greeted as Kakashi entered the village gates. "Everything going well?"

"As well as it can, I guess. Anything happen while I was gone?" Oginku relaxed in his chair, resting his elbow on the back.

"The Mizukage hasn't left yet, but other than that I haven't heard anything."

"She hasn't?" He grew confused as she was supposed to have spent the night and left the next morning. "I see... Well, have a good day."

"You too!"

Kakashi began toward the Case Office, deciding to take to the roofs to avoid the afternoon crowds. Entering the Case Office, he was met by the receptionist. After a simple greeting and confirmation of mission completion, he turned to make his way toward the small dock that was out back of the Case Office. He paused, however, as the woman called for him to wait a moment.

"Lady Namikage is in the Memorial Woods with the Lady Mizukage," she told him as he faced her. "She asked that I tell you before you head back to Arashijima."

He nodded and gave her thanks, instead heading out the front door and again taking to the roofs.

He touched down on the grass to find the Mizukage standing across from Inari, hand up in seals which the boy mimicked. He spotted Sakura, Kosai, and Shino nearby, watching the other two. He approached slowly, wondering what exactly the Mizukage seemed to be teaching the boy. Upon arrival he was greeted by the three observers.

"What is..."

"She's teaching him the basics of boil release," the young woman informed. He paused, looking back toward the two.

"That's a kekkei genkai..."

"You'll never believe this!" Kosai started, "The Mizukage is Inari's aunt!!"

The man's brows rose in surprise as Sakura explained the basics of the situation to him.

"The Lady Mizukage has offered us the collection on the Yuki Clan that's held in the Kuri Library. Since they no longer have any of the clan and we do, she decided it was only right for it to be here instead," Sakura told him.

"I see..." Kakashi looked down at Kosai. "Well it seems you two make a much more interesting team than we originally thought."

Kosai laughed and the man's eyes softened at seeing a flash image of the Yuki he had met many years ago.

"Good. That is the basic technique," Mei said, attention moving back to her and her new found nephew. "You will need to explore to find the best way to use your release and tune it to your style of combat."

"Y-Yes! Thank you very much!" Inari bowed.

"Now, I'm excited to meet your mother before I leave. If I may." Inari gave her a look of surprise before looking over to Sakura, only to receive a smile. A grin creeped up onto his face before he gave a nod.

"Sure! I think she's probably around."

╌❀✿╌╌💮╌╌✿❀╌

Sakura chewed on her cheek as she looked through the photos that Kakashi had brought back with him.

"There are clearly at least a couple shinobi in the palace..." she muttered, holding up a photo of a man in what looked to be a mixture of Suna and Kiri gear.

"Some of the discussions that were recorded mention a kunoichi that's highly skilled. These people have done a lot more planning than the Daimyo originally suspected," Kakashi put forward, his arms crossed as he sat back in a chair on the other side of her desk.

"And how is he?"

"As frightened as you'd expect. He's surprisingly good at hiding it in my opinion. Those around him know something is wrong, but don't seem to realize he knows anything about a coup."

"So next week then..." she murmured, her eyes moving to the transcript of one of the recorded messages that had a general layout of the plan. "This gives us less time than we'd planned on, but I guess the sooner it's over the better."

Her eyes then moved to the pile of personal files of those known and thought to be involved with the plan. "The first things we need to do are to seal off any escape routes and ensure the safety of the Daimyo himself... I'd also like to let Shikaku and Inoichi take care of building the case with all of the information we already have..."

She sighed. "Maybe we should ask them to teach some lessons on case building..."

Kakashi let out a chuckle, agreeing that it could be of some use.