Chapter 70 | Return

Sakura jumped slightly as a knock came on her office door. She nodded for Aiko to let the person in and they showed the assistant a form before they both made their way over to the desk.

"Is there a problem?" Sakura asked as she signed a form and closed the folder that it was in.

"My Lady, apparently someone claiming they're an Uchiha is trying to apply for citizenship..." Aiko explained. Sakura froze up for a moment before having second thoughts and holding out her hand. The office worker handed over the form and Sakura looked over the kanji in the name section before letting out a breath she had not known she was holding. It was not the one she was afraid it would be.

"I've met this man in person, you can admit him," she said, going back to what she was doing.

It was a week later that she called the Uchiha to her office, wanting a meeting with him for a few reasons. The moment he entered the room and saw her he grew rather confused.

"Doctor Haruno?" he wondered aloud.

"She's the Namikage and Daimyo as well," Kakashi explained from next to her, a bit of amusement in his eyes. The other man's eyes almost bulged out of his head and he shot down into a deep bow.

"I apologize! I had no idea!"

"I brought you here for a few reasons," she started, not being as warm as she had been in the hospital. He swallowed, feeling he was indeed in front of someone stronger than himself. "First I would like to know why you were here requesting citizenship."

His face became tense.

"Well... I left Konoha..." he said softly. "The reason being I was told they couldn't give me details about the massacre of my clan... They decided they could hide things from me when I came back to find my family and friends dead..."

Sakura pursed her lips. "Everyone I was close to other than Kakashi is dead..."

His shoulders fell slightly. "And he left the village after being practically betrayed by them... I don't think it's a place I should be..."

"Why here?"

"Well, I was shown such kindness here after what happened... I also wanted to continue my therapy here with the same person who had been helping me. We were making progress already in the short time I was with him."

"I see..." It was quiet for a moment before she moved on. "I recall you stated you already located a place of work?"

He realized she must have looked at his application.

"Yes, the construction crew hired me since they knew I worked hard."

She nodded.

"Is that what you will be doing from this point onwards?"

"For the foreseeable future, that's what I would like to do..."

"And my last question..." She looked him in the eye and he straightened up slightly. "Do you plan on reestablishing or getting vengeance for the Uchiha Clan?"

He was silent for a moment. The reestablishment of the Uchiha Clan would face tens of difficulties from him actually having a child with the Sharingan to potential complications with Konoha. While revenge was a long and cluttered path that they did not know the details of.

"As of the moment I have no interest in solely pursuing that. Nor do I seek revenge of any sort. I want to live for myself for the moment."

Sakura relaxed slightly, as she was relieved to see someone level-headed from the clan compared to the teammate she once had as a child. She sighed.

"I'm glad to hear that, since, as a doctor, I think that's what you should be focusing on at the moment.... I think your therapy is an important thing for you to continue, so I'm happy to hear you have." He nodded along with what she was saying. "I'll let you go back to your day. Please continue to help the village as you have been and there will be no problems."

He bowed again.

"I will. Thank you very much for this opportunity."

"Ah right," he looked at her and she grinned. "Kakashi wanted to know if you wanted to come drinking with us later."

"I'd be honored!" Sakura gave a giggle and shooed him out of the office.

"I've noticed he's a little like Naruto..." she muttered. "Energetic... You must have had a rough time when we were your students."

"Well, I saw myself in Sasuke, Obito in Naruto, and Rin in you. You've each grown into your own people. But you're right I had a rough time."

"I was the least trouble, of course," she declared smugly, causing him to smile.

╌❀✿╌╌💮╌╌✿❀╌

"So what are the results?" Sakura asked from her desk chair. Sai, Shino, Neji, and Isobu stood on the other side. Sai and Shino had recruited Neji for the project to use his Byakugan to see through and into the clouds.

"The clouds show an overwhelming amount of yang chakra," Neji told her. "It seems to be increasing by the day, which is causing the storms to grow out of control."

"Other than that, nothing is out of the ordinary." She nodded, looking at the clouds out the window.

"What about you, Isobu? Did you find anything under the water?" she asked.

"There are big green crystals spread out around the island under the wall," he nodded. Their interest was piqued immediately.

"How big?"

"Maybe about the size of a watermelon?"

Sakura hummed.

"Well, they definitely have something to do with this... They're too suspicious." The others agreed silently. "Do you know what they are?"

Isobu shook his head.

"I know they're making the yang chakra, though." Sakura's brow furrowed in confusion. If it were true that they were large crystals then it was possible that Hachidori would know about the situation. She decided the best course of action would be to ask the being that had been on the island the longest.