Chapter 52 | Shuji

The door to the conference room creaked as it opened, surprising the two men as it had not done it upon their last exit. A laugh came from Sakura as they approached their seats.

"It needs oiled; somebody should be coming up to do it later today," she smiled. The two men gave her light smiles as she briefly categorized all of the files in her head. After finding nothing to be missing, she took a breath and gestured to the folders that were in front of them. "So, as you know, I asked you to come look over some evidence and determine if you would be willing to create a case from it."

She gestured for them to take a look at the files. As they opened the folders she continued. "This is an S ranked mission that I'll be helping lead within the next week."

"A coup?" Inoichi asked in surprise. "Are they really trying to go through with this after you set up a village here? Don't they know you're supposed to protect the Land of Waves' Daimyo?"

"From what we could find out, they'd been planning this before we showed up. It was pushed back a few months to try and find something that could say the current leader was a traitor to the people or some kind of ridiculousness," she huffed. "He came here of his own accord in secret a while back and told us about what he had overheard from servants."

"He only has a handful of trustworthy people..." Shikaku muttered. "It would be difficult to handle it himself."

He read through the rest of the pages as Inoichi asked about the meeting with the Daimyo. "This is everything?"

Sakura confirmed and he nodded. "This should be easy to make a case out of if there are no kinds of trespassing loopholes. I'll have to take a look at the laws involving the Daimyo's palace, but since he owns it and he knew Kakashi was there, everything should be alright."

"I'm glad to hear it," Sakura smiled.

"How long will you be able to keep them after capture?" Inoichi asked.

"Normally it would be about two weeks at most, but the Daimyo can have them kept indefinitely."

"Right so there's not a horrible rush."

"No, but he would like to hand over his title soon, so we shouldn't wait. There's no other important cases right now, so it would be best to focus solely on this."

"Hand over his title?" the Nara patriarch asked. "This says he doesn't have any children or even living relatives. Is he planning on handing it over to someone else outside of the family?"

"That's classified information at the moment, but I can say that he wishes to hand it over before the end of next month. Does that give you two enough time?"

"It should be fine. We could have this done within the week with the amount of information you've got here."

After wrapping up the plans, Sakura grinned as she pulled out another set of folders.

"I also called you here for another reason." She handed over the folders. "After this case, I'd like to ask if the two of you would be willing to train the future legal personnel of Arashi. Classes over building cases and holding trials."

╌❀✿╌╌💮╌╌✿❀╌

It had been four days since the Mizukage had left the village. Both genin had been training with their chakra control for a majority of their days. Inari had been training with his basic boil release as much as he could while they were supposed to be on breaks.

It was in the middle of their training one day that Shino received a message from Sakura telling him that the Yuki Clan documents had arrived at the Kage tower and invited Kosai to come and look through them. Without hesitation, both boys and their teacher were hurrying off to the archives.