Chapter 33 | Race

The woman's jade eyes moved to Gaara.

"We have the location of Shukaku," she stated. His brow creased slightly. "The One-Tail."

His siblings watched him take a deep breath.

"What do you mean?" he asked slowly. The man behind the Kage stepped around to the map of the nations on the wall.

"We've set a goal to try to locate all of the tailed beasts," he began, explaining the situation to all of them. "To do so, we have to locate all Akatsuki hideouts. We are aware of the one that Gaara was taken to when the one tail was extracted and the one located in Amegakure. A few days ago we asked the villagers about anything interesting they'd found on their travels, and a group of ex-sailors reported a large cave in the Land of Hot Water. Sakura has made an agreement with the daimyo of the land that we are able to take any remnants of the Akatsuki as long as we destroy the hideout."

"Why do you want to find all of them...?" Kankuro asked. Instead of answering him directly, she kept her focus on his brother.

"I would like to know if you would be willing to allow him to live here. As a citizen," she clarified as she held up a scroll. Kurama approached and took it before turning back toward the door.

"May I say something?" he asked, glancing at the woman at the desk. She gave him a smile and a nod.

"Shukaku can be a giant ass," he started. "But he's still my brother. I don't want him to be stuck in some seal or getting chased around forever. I know you had problems with him, but he's not inside of you anymore."

With that, he left. The young man took another breath, his sister placing a hand on his upper back in silent support.

"I have no opposition to this..." he stated as he looked at Sakura. "But... I would like to help retrieve him."

She smiled and gave a nod. She was not sure what his reasons were, but she would allow him to do so.

"Kakashi will be leading the mission, you may accompany him along with the rest of the team. Kakashi will brief you."

"Understood..." he murmured. Sakura turned her attention to the whole of the group.

"Tenten, were you planning on showing them around?" The brunette gave a nod of confirmation. "All right, do any of you have any immediate questions?"

After a short silence, folders were distributed to the group. "Those folders contain documents you will need to fill out and return to the receptionist by the end of the week."

"Did the envelope Oginku handed off to you have blue slips in it?" Kakashi asked, crossing his arms as he leaned against a desk that was on the side of the room. Shikamaru confirmed.

"Right..." Sakura started, grabbing a folder from her desk before she opened it and flipped through the papers. Finding the one she had been looking for, she looked back up at them. "Those were put in there a few days ago, but the system has hit a bit of a hiccup, so you'll have to fill out the usual forms."

She looked back down at the folder and flipped through it for a moment more before giving them a smile. "Well, if none of you have any questions for me, I think you're free to go."

╌❀✿╌╌💮╌╌✿❀╌

"Here we are!" Tenten, Shikamaru, and the three siblings passed through the large archway that was at the edge of the city, stepping out into a large expanse of green fields. She motioned to her direct right and Shikamaru saw her house from Konoha sitting proudly next to the wall of the city. It seemed larger when not hugged by other houses. "This is my place, moved from the streets of Konoha!"