002, family dinners

we all got changed and ready for dinner, every stay, susannah makes these delicious meals for us

we all got changed and ready for dinner, every stay, susannah makes these delicious meals for us. i sat in between belly and my mom, while opposite of us, was jeremiah, steven and laurel.

"steven, put your phone away." laurel asked him but he ignored her. "it's just we want to see your beautiful faces, that's all." susannah tried to help, "can dinner be a screen free zone?" my mom asked sipping her wine.

steven blankly ignored all the mom's, "steven?" jeremiah said, once again he ignored him, so jeremiah grabbed his phone and threw it in the screen basket making a perfect shot.

"boom!" jeremiah sat down smiling, "okay okay we get it, you've been working out!" steven said annoyed. "your just jealous jere has a better body than you." belly shrugged her shoulders, eating her food.

"uh no actually it's all about the lean look now otherwise you can't wear tailored suits." steven tried to explain, "keep telling yourself that." i told him, smirking.

"tailored suits." conrad said under his breath but i was able to hear, "uhm connie, when are you leaving for training camp?" i tried to include him in the conversation.

"uh he quit football." jeremiah spoke for him, "what?" steven said, "are you kidding me man, i'd kill to play college football."

"well football isn't for everyone." i tried to help him out, "that's not why." conrad fired back. "sorry, jeez." i sat back in my seat.

while the boys were talking about their summer jobs, susannah announced something that i have been waiting for.

"ali. belly. i have a surprise for you two." she gave us these two envelopes, and i knew exactly what it was. "is this what i think it is?" i quickly opened it and revealed an invitation to the deb ball.

"oh my god! beck, thank you so much!" i almost jumped out of my seat and hugged susannah. "wh- what's this about?" belly also opened her letter, she was confused as to what this was.

"i wrangled the girls an invitation to be a debutante." susannah watched as belly fiddled with the envelope. "is that the thing we're girls dress up and curtsy?" belly asked, i could tell she didn't want to do this.

"it more exciting." i told her sitting back down, "exactly, it when a girl comes of age and is presented to society." susannah said.

"you'll make a bunch of friends and it'll be so much fun, trust me." i held belly hand, i heard about this one summer, it sounded so fun, as if you got to be a princess for a day.

"the whole deb scene is bullshit. it's for sheep." conrad spoke up, we all looked at him. "no, it's not." i rolled my eyes at his comment. "sure." he got up and left the table.

"it's about when a girl has matured an-" susannah tried to begin, but steven snorted and started to laugh,"i'm sorry? belly? mature?" he said, making belly tense up.

"belly is far from mature. i mean a couple months ago, you held a car funeral and made us all wear black." steven told everyone, "shut up steven!" belly folded her arms.

"wait, mochi died?" jeremiah was serious, "i'm sorry bells." he said actually caring for her. "i literally saw you in your room crying!" belly replied back.

"it's just not belly's thing you know. she like our feral little alley cat." laurel said not helping at all, which made the boys laugh and giggle like little girls.

"belly, don't you want to get all dressed up?" susannah asked again, "i'll think about it." belly nodded. "that's my girl!" she smiled.