008, connie's constellations

"where are going?" i asked again for the hundredth time as conrad and i drove off

"where are going?" i asked again for the hundredth time as conrad and i drove off. he ignored me again just like the other times.

what was i doing? i should've just stayed home and checked up on belly. i rested my arm against the window as the breeze flowed through my haired.

i loved nights like these, we're i felt free. conrad stopped the car as we arrived at the beach. "the beach?" i questioned him as he turned the car off.

"yep." he said and got out of the car. i waited for a while, i watched as he sat on sand in front of the ocean.

i got out of the car and caught up to him, he was smoking a cigarette like when we were in the pool. "you should quit." i said, sitting down next to him.

"you wanna know why i smoke?" he asked me, looking down sat my face. "why?" i looked up. "it distracts me from reality." conrad said blowing the smoke out.

i didn't reply back, i rested my head on his head. "what happened in the kitchen?" i asked him. "nothing." he didn't look at me, just at the ocean.

"are you sure?" i said again. "connie, if something is going on you can tell me." i tried holding his hand. i thought he back away but instead he held my hand as well.

"it's nothing, i promise." his words echoed my ears. i remembered the last time he said that, back during one of the summers, conrad and i went to the boardwalk. just the two of us, we played a bunch of games and spent the day together.

that's when conrad was himself, when he was happy. now he's all dark and gloomy. conrad and i played this one game, where it was a ring toss game, there was this one plush toy i really wanted. he said he'd get that for me and he did, we came back to the beach and watched the waves crash against each other .

we talked that whole day, even shared our secrets and that's when we promised each other that we wouldn't share any of them. i missed that, i missed that so fucking much.

i went back to reality, shaking my head. "you good?" conrad asked me as i sat up, "yeah, lost in my thoughts." i turned around to smile at him, "same here." he laid down on the beach towel.

i laid down next to him, he pointed to the stars talking about the constellations and what they mean. he went in and on about them, i stared at the stars, i loved how they shined through the sky.

i didn't realise that conrad was staring at me the whole time, "what?" i chuckled turning to face him. he just kept staring at me, "what is it?" i asked him.

"your so beautiful, ali." conrad blurted out, i was in shock, i didn't know what to say. "uhm-" i was interrupted by him KISSING ME!?

oh my god! conrad fisher is kissing me right now, what do i do? he pulled me closer and i fell deeper into the kiss. my hands travelling through his hair, he tasted like the cigarette he was just smoking, but in a good way.

god, and he's so beautiful, how is this happening right now? i honestly thought he didn't like me this way. i started to melt into the kiss as he leaned closer to me. i could feel my heart racing and you could practically hear it beating loudly.

i swear we would've gone further, until someone had to ruin it like always, steven. he stood in front of us with shayla, his mouth dropped. this made conrad and i jumped and pull apart.

"oh my god, steven!" i shrieked, pulling away from the kiss. "wh- what the fuck? since when!" he cried out, he looked sickened at what he just saw.

"steven, dude. what are you doing here?" conrad sighed as he laid on his back. "well, dude. like i told you, tonight i was with shayla." steven said with an annoyed expression.

"that's fine, we're going home anyways." i got up and dusted myself off. "really? i'm sorry if we interrupted anything." shayla sincerely replied. "nope, we're all good, right conrad?" i said catching conrad's attention.

"what?" he quickly said, sitting up. "yes." i shook off the sand on the towels and left to the car. i waited for conrad to come back. the rest of the drive was silence.