009, sixteen candles

today was a day all of us kids had to be nice to belly, because today was belly's day, belly's birthday

today was a day all of us kids had to be nice to belly, because today was belly's day, belly's birthday. every birthday belly has had, has been in this house. it's always the same, laurel makes mickey mouse pancake, we all give her presents, it's the one day all about belly.

belly ran down the stairs and entered the kitchen, "morning everyone!" belly announced to everyone. "there's the birthday girl!" susannah hugged belly, then jeremiah, "happy sweet sixteen, bells."

then it was my turn, "happy birthday bellybutton!" i jumped in to hug her almost making her fall over. "thanks everyone." belly smiled as everyone said happy birthday to her, everyone except conrad.

"your mickey mouse pancakes are ready!" laurel let belly know but she wasn't hungry. "shall we open gifts?" susannah suggested.

"ooh your gonna love mine!" jeremiah and i fought, "no your gonna love mine!" we raced to couch to get ready for belly and soon everyone joined us. we all sat down waiting to see the presents belly was about to receive.

first, belly opened laurels gift, a book of poems including susannah and belly's favourite, how thoughtful! susannah made us recite this poem every summer, 'for whatever we lose, like a you or a me. it's always ourselves we find in the sea.'

next up was susannah, she gave her becks pearls that she got when she had her sweet sixteen. then was jeremiah's turn, but nothing could beat my gift.

he got her a good luck charm for her driving test, "it's for good luck, on your driving test." he informed belly. "yeah, yeah. whatever, some good luck charm, please." i scoffed standing up, "that could not compare to my gift." i sat beside belly.

"since you are my best friend, and i know that this means a lot to you, i went ahead and brought you your own." i handed her the car keys. belly face was shocked, "oh-o-o-oh my go, ali." belly stuttered.

"natalie." laurel said firmly to my mom, "it's okay, laur." my mom held onto her hand. "i love you belly, happy sweet sixteen bitch." belly pulled me in for a hug, so tight that i almost couldn't breathe.

"what! that's so unfair, of course your gonna win with that!" jeremiah whined. "suck it up princess." i teased him, "conrad, what about your present?" susannah asked, "sorry, i forgot." conrad said right before left.

"why don't we take your new car for a spin?" i tried ti cheer her up, "yes!" belly squealed jumping out of her seat, "hey where's my invite!" jeremiah stood up with us.

"hmmm let me think up my a-" i tried to make a snarky comment but my mom stopped me, "race you there!" belly laughed running out the door.

"hey! wait up!" i called chasing after her as well as jeremiah. belly's stopped in front of her car, "this feels unreal." she let out. "well what are you waiting for? hop in!" i smiled, opening the car door.

belly, jeremiah and i drove around cousins for what seemed like forever. we stopped at the bus top to pick up belly's best friend back from home. you could spot taylor a mile away, with her huge balloons and her sassy attitude.

"what's the bet she's gonna call you jeremy?" i laughed, "she says it to flirt with you." belly smiled, jeremiah slightly blushed, "yeah right." he shrugged off.

"hey belly, you look like a snack!" taylor teased at belly, "taylor!" i hugged her, taylor was the type of person that could cheer you up in any way possible and in any situation.

she was the friend every girl needed and the girl all the boys wanted. "god, you are so hot." taylor whined squeezing me tightly, "uh do you want me to take these for you?" jeremiah asked, talking about her bags.

"such a gentleman, jeremy." taylor smiled and jeremiah looked at me, i winked at him while he took the balloons. "it's actually jeremiah not jeremy." belly corrected her, "i like jeremy better. i'm hungry, let's eat." taylor said before walking away to a food truck.

taylor bought a banana sundae that belly also ate with her. "okay, open your present." taylor rummaged through the gift bag, bringing out belly's present, which was a bikini that she wouldn't wear. jeremiah's eyes widened, "uh belly would never wear that."

belly made a confused face, "actually i really like it! thank you, taylor." belly smiled holding up the swim suit. "so what's the plan for tonight, where's the party at." taylor took a spoonful of the dessert. "well susannah always plans a big lobster dinner." belly replied putting the swim suit away.

"ugh, boring no." taylor rolled her eyes, "actually it's not, it's something that's really fun and important during our stay here." i retorted, "it's her sixteenth birthday, so we have to go out." taylor ignored me, continuing to eat the food.

"no, uhm ali is right, susannah planned for it to be a missommar theme." belly added, backing me up. "don't you think you should be spending your birthday with people your own age?" taylor asked.

"don't you think you should go home now." i muttered under my breath but only jeremiah heard me since he was sitting right next to me, "hey!" he playfully bumped me. "what?" i laughed, i could feel taylor watching us, and her stupid stare burning me.

"maybe after we could go to nicole's big blow out?" jeremiah suggest, "sure." i nodded my head. "who's nicole?" taylor asked. "oh she's alianna's big sis for the deb, and mines sophie, you'll get to meet her at the party." belly smiled, taking another bite at the sundae.

"yeah, i heard sophie got a present for you." i smiled, talking to belly, "seriously? that's so nice." belly grinned, "ugh i'm melting, can we go back to the house?" taylor interrupted us.

"sure, we can go jump in the pool, belly you should change into your new bikini." i said getting up from my seat. "yes!! i can't wait to try it on." belly almost jumped out of her seat, getting to her car, "and taylor, ali got me my very own car! ta-da!" belly shimmied her hands in front of her car.

"you gonna wear your bikini too?" jeremiah put his arm around my waist as walked to the car, "bet you would wanna see that, wouldn't you?" i laughed, looking up at him. "are you two like dating?" i heard taylor call out from behind us.

"uhm-" i was about to talk but belly beeped the horn, "come on slow pokes!" she popped her head out of the window. "yeah come on slow poke." i poked jeremiah, causing him to giggle.

lisha speaks !!
jealous taylor? yes we all have a hate/love relationship with. a cute scene with jalianna? yes please, sign me up.