031, i remember it all too well

the drive home was the most awkward thing alianna had to ever put up with

the drive home was the most awkward thing alianna had to ever put up with. as she sat there not only could she head her own heartbeat but also conrad's.

the night was beautiful and it reminded her of the night on the beach with him from last time. she looks out the window and she could feel every time he'd glance over at her.

her heartbreak would faster and faster every time she'd rethink of what happened back at hoppers cove.

how did she have the confidence and courage to just do that in front of both of them, all of them. he'd mind raced with thoughts like a roller coaster of emotions.

it would get really bad when alianna was left alone with her thoughts. like a few summers ago when her dad had almost gone missing, she panicked and had been trying to keep calm all by herself.

eventually, they found him. drunk and alone at a beach, as per usual for when he drinks or does stupid shit like that.

she looked over at conrad and saw him watching her. his brown eyes studying her and when their eyes met, her breath caught in her throat and her face flashed red.

suddenly, it felt like it was last summer all over again. "conrad...can i ask you something?" she asked him.

conrad nodded slowly and looked back at the road, giving her his full attention. he knew this conversation was coming but the silence in between was agonizing. "go ahead," he said softly.

"why didn't you ask me?" she asked bluntly, her eyes glued to his face looking for any hints of an emotion.

he stayed silent for a few seconds and then spoke softly, choosing his words carefully. "it wasn't the right time to bring it up and i had no idea how you would react. you didn't seem in the mood for me to be asking you to the ball and it felt awkward. and i truly thought that jere would ask you."

she let his words sink in before taking in a deep breath and trying to stay calm, "so you waited for jere to ask me?"

"it wasn't like that, als." he shook his head at the realisation of what it sounded like. it made him sound like a jerk, how he didn't ask her first.

she sighed softly, turning the dial down on the radio. after having been friends for so long she wished that asking her wouldn't have been so complicated.

"but you knew i really liked you" she confessed, the words escaping her lips and hanging in the air for a moment before falling to the floor.

she turned the dial back up, wishing that the music was loud enough to drown out the sound of their awkwardness.

alianna almost felt like she wished she could take it back from how long conrad took to respond. they pulled up to the beach before jeremiah and the other girls could.

"ali, i've always loved you." conrad whispered but not loud enough for alianna hear. she got out of the car, "thanks for getting me." she hopped out of the car.

"goodnight conrad." alianna sighed sadly, closing the door. tears started to flow down her cheeks as she ran through the door.

josh sitting on the couch noticed, "ali, you good?" he jumped up to quickly comfort his sister.

she didn't say anything just hugged him and held onto him tightly, wanting to stay like this forever.

TIME SKIP TO LATER IN THE NIGHT

alianna laid in bed, the tears from earlier had dried up on her face. she sat up when her phone chimed with notification hoping it was jeremiah.

she rolled her eyes when she saw who it was from and what it said. of course it was from none other than conrad who came crawling back for her.

she threw the covers off of her, got out of her room and walked out the beach house towards the board walk.

the cool night breeze hit her as soon as she touched the outside air. she held onto her blue jacket she wore from before.

"what do you want?" she snapped at him, already grumpy that she was out here. "i'm sorry." he mumbled, fiddling with his fingers not looking at her.

she laughs to herself, "conrad, this is what you
always do." she shakes her head at him.

"this is yours." he hands her a red velvet jewellery box, she opens it and inside is the infinity necklace she remembered seeing in his drawer.

"i'm sorry." he said again much more clearer and less painful. "you don't have to keep it you know." conrad cleared his throat as alianna lifted up the necklace.

alianna was still feeling a bit sour at first with her expression matching, "you can like burn it or throw it in the ocean, i don't care." conrad shrugs his shoulders pretending, trying to hide his emotions.

conrad kept rambling on as alianna stares at the infinity symbol necklace, she lightly brushes her finger tips over the symbol.

"i just." he stuttered. alianna looks up at him alianna looked at conrad with gentle warmth in her brown eyes.

"what?" she asked curiously. he takes a soft step towards her, "i just." he repeats. conrad takes another step and touches her arm, "don't want to lose you."

the pain in alianna chest is now gone, she lowers her gaze. she looks back down at the necklace as he's stilling holding onto her arm.

"i'm really sorry, connie." she breathes, letting go of his grip on her and walking off, that's when she started to feel that pain in her chest again.

did she make the wrong decision?

lish speaks ! 🫶🏻🌊🤍

i don't think it helped that i was listening to all too well when i was writing this chapter 😬 kinda hurt me to write this honestly.

this chapter is almost a mess and quite literally makes me feel bad for the characters (their not even real).

i hate writing sad chapters but i'm so good at it, help. also season two parallels ??