019, a night that i'll never forget

alianna changed in her room, into a more suitable outfit for night

alianna changed in her room, into a more suitable outfit for night. it was chilly but still summer. she lifted the knitted sweater over her head. she wore her white shoes she's been wearing more than usual.

her hair was straight like before, she quickly checked on belly to see how she was, still fast asleep

her hair was straight like before, she quickly checked on belly to see how she was, still fast asleep. alianna made her way outside, headed towards the beach.

she spotted jeremiah and steven talking to each other, setting the fireworks off. before she could even make it to the beach, she saw conrad standing at the dock.

alianna ran across the dock to conrad. he was staring at the fireworks in the sky, leaning on the railing.

"hey stranger." alianna made her presence known, "what' cha doin here." she asked him, coming closer. he just laughs but doesn't answer her.

"so, who was that necklace truly for?" she rests her arms on the railing. conrad looks down to her, with a startled face, "you found out?" he asks.

"of course i did, you can't hide anything from me!" she jokes, he smirks and shakes his head at her words.

"yes. yes the necklace was for you." he blankly says. alianna looks up to him, "you did?" she asks even though she knew the answer.

alianna wanted to ask why he didn't get anything for belly for her birthday but she didn't bother, not even bad to about belly.

silence filed the air, only the fireworks were able to be heard. but it wasn't as if it was awkward silence. no, nothing could be awkward between them, right?

they're childhood best friend, nothing could ruin their friendship.

"why didn't you give it to me?" alianna aka breaking the silence. "i don't know." he shakes his head, "i got embarrassed, i guess." he shrugs his shoulders.

"but why." she try's to make him look at her. "ali, you don't know the effect you have on people." conrad says aloud.

alianna's smile starts to fade, she didn't know exactly how to react or feel. but she knew that if she had an effect on people, that's why she must push everyone away.

"effect? i don't have an effect. i don't know what your talking about." she says confused. "yeah, you do." conrad smile grows.

conrad leans in to kiss alianna, she hesitates at first but this wasn't the first time something like this happened. she lean towards him, going in for a kiss as well.

they kiss and it feels like fireworks, (literally.) their hands traveled each others faces, their kiss still attached and passionate, not aware of their surroundings.

all of a sudden, out of nowhere, jeremiah shoots a firework in the sky, making alianna jump from how close it was to them.

"who did that?" she turns around, she sees jeremiah standing near the house with fireworks in his hand. "shit." she curses, going after him. "ali!" conrad calls out as she runs back to the house.

but alianna doesn't turn around, she didn't mean for jeremiah to that. "jeremiah wait!" she yells but he ignores her and goes back inside.

she stops herself, "what have i done." she sighs, shutting her eyes closed. maybe she really did have an effect on people, but that meant she hurt people as well. the people she needed most in her life.

TIME SKIP TO ALI'S FLASHBACK !

one of alianna connors favourite memories of summer in cousins started with a song and ended with a boy.

alianna has definitely changed over the summers, she used to be brunette and have horrible acne scars. she didn't know how to dress and what her style was.

belly and alianna danced in the living, belly was a pro at it but alianna sucked at it, and she sucked bad. she would always mess up the foot work and belly would get mad.

"come on ali, it's not that hard. just watch how i do it." belly started to get frustrated with her. "here i'll show you." conrad says from the table. the boys were playing chess, a very intense match between the four of them.

"what about the game?" josh and steven complains, alianna is confused by conrad's response. conrad got up from the small table to come and help the clueless girl.

"just hurry up." belly says still focused on her part of the dance. "just give me one second." conrad tells the boys who are already annoyed with him. "

copy me." he says standing in front of alianna, "one two, one two three." he moves his feet and alianna follows after him. "rock step." he helps her move, "one two, three. rock step." alianna mutters watching her footwork, conrad placed his hand on her shoulder.

"ali, your not even on the beat." steven laughs at his comment. "well no shit sherlock." she pulls a face at him, he pull the same face towards her.

"how'd you learn to shag?" alianna turns to face conrad, "my mom." he smiles and they both giggle. "one two three rock step." the two would repeat and alianna eventually falls into the beat, finally getting the movements right.

conrad spins alianna around and she blushes, "woah!" she says almost tripping over, luckily conrad catches her. "thanks." she smiles as he holds her from her back.

"it's fine." he tucks a hair behind her ear, "come on let's try again." he stands her up. "my hands are kinda sweaty." alianna laughs shaking her hands.

"it's okay, mine are too." conrad tells her. they go over the dance once again hit alianna doesn't mess it up and finally gets it correct.

"god, your a life saver, conrad." belly flashes her braces with her smiles as she stands behind alianna. "yeah, it's all good." he pushes back his glasses so they're not falling.

"so how did you learn that?" belly asks now closer to conrad. alianna sits with the boys as they play chess, "how do you play?" she sits in conrad's seat, closest to jeremiah.

"so you-" jeremiah begins but joshua interrupts him, "you won't understand, this is for boys only." he tells his sister, anger washing over her. "teach me and maybe i'll beat you." she shrugs her shoulders and smirks.

"let me show you." jeremiah holds her hand, guiding her on how to play.

lish speaks ! 🤍🌊🫶🏻

soooo how are we feeling about this weeks episode ?? i think we all had it coming when laurel convinced julia to get back the house. and that kiss ?! i'm all team connie baby but that kiss was hot asf.