021, waltzing buddies

"now that we have the steps let's pick up our pace

"now that we have the steps let's pick up our pace." ms covington instructs but alianna still doesn't have the hang of it, "it's okay." nicole reminds her.

alianna watches her step, not wanting to make any more mistakes. while alianna is too busy focusing on her movement, jeremiah enters the room.

"hey ladies, mind if i have this dance?" jeremiah saves nicole from getting an injury. "yes. actually, she's all yours." nicole quickly gives alianna off to jeremiah, getting out of the way.

"ali." jeremiah says deeply, "jere." she has a faint smile across her lip. "hey." jeremiah whistles at steven, which signals him to give jeremiah his suit jacket.

"okay harry styles." nicole snickers before walking off. "how's this, better?" jeremiah smirks as he puts the jacket on, alianna smiles at jere and they slow dance.

now this wasn't the brother alianna was thinking about to waltz with but at least it was better than nicole.

alianna and jeremiah dance around not taking it seriously, mostly jeremiah. as they move around the room, alianna over hears girls gossiping about how jeremiah chose her over any of the others.

once the two are close enough to the speaker, jeremiah changes the song, "hey alexa. play so pretty." he commands and the bot listens.

jeremiah start to perform a dance, attracting attention, alianna giggles and playfully shoves him. the other pairs watch and cheer him on as he does a silly dance.

he slides off the jacket and throws it in the air. ms covington puts her hand over her mouth and shakes her head as jeremiah's foolish act.

jeremiah gives steven his jacket back and spins alianna around making her blush. everyone starts to love in closer and dance to the music.

outside, conrad gets out of the red car and starts to walk towards the club. the music is so loud that your able to hear it from outside.

in the rehearsal room, belly and alianna meet up and continue to dance next to each other. jeremiah grabs ahold of alianna's hand and in one swift motion is able to hold her.

"what is going on here?" paige enters the room in shock of what has happened. "alexa stop." she commands and the music stops playing.

"jeremiah fisher. why aren't you at the pool." she shakes her head. "we had a code brown." jeremiah jokes, grossing out alianna.

paige opens her binder that held different keys and hands the keys he was previously looking for. "thanks" he catches them.

"catch you later, als." he winks at alianna. she feels the girls mean stares burning into her. "get going jeremiah." paige instructs him.

as jeremiah leaves, he notices conrad in the door way. as alianna is getting prepared to dance, she spots conrad and waves.

he smiles and waved back, but alianna didn't know if he meant nicole since she was right in front of her, which she waved as well.

she pretends she didn't wave and tries to play it cool. a she notices conrad's smile starts to fall. he gives a sideways nod and leaves.

nicole turns back and rejoins alianna. alianna's phone chimes with messages, "oh sorry, one sec." she pulls out her phone and checks.

to her surprise, it was from conrad. he writes see you when you get back. a smile appears on alianna's face, putting her phone away.

"okay, ready." the girls resume their position from earlier and start to dance. alianna prayed that she didn't mess up this time and luckily, her wishes came true.

maybe it was jeremiah or maybe it conrad. it was one of the fisher boys that had been a miracle and saved her.

lish speaks ! 🤍🌊🫶🏻

thank you thank you thank you for 7k reads on this book already !! words cannot express how grateful i am 🩶 not as active as i normally am this week bc schools back !!