027, pre-game time

alianna grabs her team belly t-shirt that was custom made for belly's team

alianna grabs her team belly t-shirt that was custom made for belly's team. she questions if she should play or not, pausing in the moment.

jeremiah comes past her room and notices her, "hey." he knocks. "you need a ride?" jeremiah asks standing at her door frame.

"uh." she slightly shrugs her shoulders. alianna smiles, "yea, i could really use a ride." alianna had been in the room stressing about the competition even though she hadn't fully figured if she was going to compete, before her phone was blown up with texts from her friends and her brother saying to hurry up.

she was now rushing to put on her sports bra, shorts, and her team t shirt. alianna walked downstairs where jeremiah was waiting for her. "you ready?" he asked seeing her.

alianna smiled back at him, "yea, of course." alianna smiled as she walked towards the front door. once she was in the passenger side of the car, alianna buckled herself in and plugged her phone into the aux.

the drive was awkward at first but both began to open up pretty quickly while their own favorite songs played.

TIME SKIP TO THE COMPETITION

"oh my god, hii!" taylor sang coming up to jeremiah and alianna. "heyyy." alianna smiled as she hugged taylor. "hey, jeremy." she batted her eye lashes at him.

"wow again with the nicknames, hi taylor." jeremiah laughed rolling his eyes at her comment. "so i see your competing ali, are you going to be?" taylor asked jeremiah.

"uhm yeah still debating about it." he watched as some of the teams start to play. "well you'll do amazing as usual." she twirled her hair.

"i guess i'll see you bitches on the court." she waved her fingers and she said goodbye. "god she's totally in love with you." alianna giggles.

"oh my god, shut up." jeremiah rolled his eyes. "just because we're friendly doesn't mean she's in love with me."

"ohhh? are you suuuree?" she teased him nudging her shoulder towards him. "i think so, alianna." he groaned rolling his eyes.

"i'm just saying, i wouldn't be surprised at all if she did come out with some super obvious confession, like in a teen movie." she smiled.

as the two talked away, susannah spoke through the microphone grabbing everyone's attention. "good afternoon, i'm susannah fisher." susannah announces and everybody cheers for her.

"and i am delighted to welcome you to play it forward!" everyone claps and cheers for susannah who's standing in front of the crowd.

susannah talked about the charity's and other important events that would happen throughout the day.

"hey i'll be back." alianna taps jeremiah's arm and he nods, "yeah, okay."

alianna skips over to grab a drink, she picks up the pink plastic cup and fills it with ice water. as she's almost done she overhears conrad talking to someone.

"so,uh just a heads up." alianna hears, she only able to see conrad but not the person he's talking to. "my mom is kind of freaking out because ali doesn't have an escort to this dance." conrad says.

alianna eyes frown of confusion to why he would be talking to someone about this. "she's right, she needs to hurry up and decide." once alianna hears the other person talk, she knows exactly who it was.

it was nicole.

"the thing is, she kind of," conrad struggled to say it out loud. "my- my mom asked me to uhm to take ali."

"why can't she just go with jeremiah. they were clearly great together at the rehearsal." alianna could hear the anger in nicole voice.

"i mean, c'mon you know how jere can be." conrad tells her. alianna already heard enough, she didn't want to hear anymore.

she finished filling up her cup, without her noticing conrad made his room way over to her. her back was still towards him so she couldn't see his face, she only knew it was conrad by his shadow.

"oh, hey als." he took a seat next to her. "hi." she said awkwardly holding onto her cup. "you ready?" he asks filling up another plastic cup.

"what?" she asks surprised, "for the game?" he laughs taking a sip from his drink. "yes. yeah kinda." she shrugs off.

the siren begins letting everyone know the games were about to start. "i gotta go." she told conrad, "yeah." alianna stood up from her seat.

"wait." conrad stopped her, she turned around slowly. "uhm, good luck." he sighed, "thanks." she smiled and walked over to where jeremiah stood, against the wooden gate watching belly and taylor play.

lish speaks ! 🫶🏻🌊🤍

mixed feelings about this chapter, not my best. anyways, enjoy this and follow my tiktok !! @/lishwritcs.wp