1

Sona Kanzari was the star of middle school volleyball in Kyoto, playing for the strongest school in the prefecture, Tohuzama Academy.

She plays as an outside hitter for the team, being able to pull off insane line and cross shots with extreme precision and power at her young age. Noone has been able to succesfully dig her attacks perfectly.

She is also titled the 'Second Libero' in her team as she is able to receive even the strongest male spiker in middle school's attacks.

Kanzari has a twin brother named Akino, who was an equally talented opposite hitter, as the duo dominate every other middle school in their prefecture.

Noone stays in middle school forever, however, as Kanzari soon makes her way to high school while keeping up her reputation as the best outside hitter in Kyoto. 

Kanzari isn't the type to worry about school as much as Akino, since she prioritized volleyball and was always convinced that she would be a professional volleyball player.

"Guys! I am so excited for the tryouts on monday, I missed feeling the ball on the tips of my fingers so much!" Jumiya stated. It was a cold friday of the first week, on their lunch break. Kanzari and her friends were eating in Tohuzama Garden, on the picnic tables that are scattered across the garden. "I missed creating the most perfect sets for the spiker to hit" She said as she mimicked a spiking motion and slapping the table and then winked at the other girls. 

"Dont get too excited Miya, we have senior players who are probably 10 times better than we are" Sachi said, while munching on her sandwich. "I missed receiving impossible attacks, but there are probably a million liberos among our seniors"

"Maybe we are all going to get benched... but I don't think our amazing Kanzari will." Asira said giggling. "Dont get me wrong, I love the feeling of balls getting spiked on to my hand and slamming it to the floor , but I don't think we will even get to play until we are like third years"

"Kanzari, don't forget us when you get famous" Jumiya said, which lead to everyone laughing and Kanzari giving her a smirk.

"Guys, don't worry, they will put you guys in, we were all stars in middle school of course, but I was the best." Kanzari said with a smile, which led to everyone laughing and giving her the 'we know' look "I am just joking" She said while laughing, but she believed deep inside that she was way better than everyone else.

The school bell rung as soon as she said that, and everyone was rushing to pack up their lunches and go to their homeroom classes at the end of the day. Jumiya and Kanzari were in the same class, so they made their way through the crowded hallways and crammed their way in to the 3rd floor to their homeroom. They run to the seats in the back, and sit. Kanzari sits with her legs crossed while Jumiya sits with proper posture. 

The teacher comes in and announces "Thank you everyone for arriving on time today" She said while glaring at Kanzari who gave her a shrug "As you may all know, there is a transferee student who could not attend the first week of school and their first day will be on Tuesday." The teacher said while Kanzari was doodling random things on her arm with a marker. "Kanzari, tour him around the school." 

"Why me?" Kanzari dropped her marker and looked up to the teacher in a pleading face.

"It will teach you arrive to school on time" The teacher said with a glare on her face, anyway let's get back to work.

The rest of the class went by pretty quick, with Kanzari and Jumiya dozing off and barely doing any work together. As soon as the school bell rung, they quickly packed their bags and run out of the room.

They were walking down the crammed hallways until the crowd started becoming smaller. "I don't wanna tour some random around the school" Kanzari said pissed "I have better things to do with my life, especially when training starts"

"That's what you get for being stupid Zari" Jumiya told her with a smirk which Kanzari rolled her eyes at. 

"Yeah yeah whatever, let's meet up with Ira and Chi" Kanzari said, with a sarcastic sweet loving smile.

They went down the floors, and went to the school entrance to meet up with Asira and Sachi, who were already there since their homeroom is on the first floor.

"I'm starving, let's go to 711" Sachi said when the girls ran over to her and Asira "I will pay for everyone" She said with a wink.

The girls walked to the 711 near their school and went inside, the store owner greeting them as they all bought some cup noodles and some drinks.

"I heard there was a new guy coming in to your class" Asira said with a grin, everyone knowing what she was going to say next "I hope he's cute."

"I know right! The new guy in our class looks like Sid from Ice Age!" Sachi yelled, which led the girls to shut her up.

"It doesn't matter and I don't really care. Cute or not he will still be a narcissistic snobby asshole" Kanzari said rolling her eyes at Sachi and Asira.

"You just described yourself Zari" Jumiya said laughing while Kanzari mocked them.

The girls continued gossiping and talking and finally decided to go home. Kanzari is only a 10 minute walk away from the 711 so she walks herself alone and goes home.

The weekend flew by pretty fast since Kanzari usually just helps her parents out along with Akino for their restaurant. They have a pretty popular restaurant in Kyoto, and Kanzari and Akino are extra hands.

Finally, the day of the tryouts come.