13

DISCLAIMER: I am not going to be using Ishikawa Yuki's real birthday, but instead basing it off when school starts in Japan and 2 weeks after that. Ishikawa Yuki's birthday in this fanfic will be March 4. 

All of the girls were extremely excited for Yuki's sleepover (maybe with the exception of Kanzari) and the week flew by pretty quickly. Volleyball practice followed the same pattern, from tandems, to quads, skipping to 6's (going into their consecutive gender groups for team building and strategizing, while most importantly building a bond between the juniors and their 2nd and 3rd years.

Most important to note is that the 8 volleyball juniors started eating lunches with each other on the rooftops. They were all pretty much close and hit it off, obviously except Kanzari and Ran, who bicker over random things. Jumiya and Kento started becoming close, being the two introverts of their consecutive friendgroups. Sachi and Yuki were being really flirty, while Asira and Yuji were hitting it off as besties.

Kanzari has come to terms with the fact that she had to see Ran way more (even though they see each other a lot), and she started to stop ignoring him and started talking to him little by little, not very nicely though. Kanzari still hated him, with a burning passion since every single volleyball practice, she would be compared to him, and people would be praising him instead of her. However, she had to start talking to the guy, since they were ending up being in the same friendgroup.

Kanzari was picking a fight with Ran on the way up to the rooftops on a friday lunch break, they were way ahead of everyone else bickering.

"Bro, I swear one day those two are going to get married" Yuji whispered to the others, and they all nodded.

"Please, as if. Kanzari hates him" Yuki laughed.

"Not for long though, I mean come on, she actually stopped ignoring and avoiding the guy, and accepted the fact they would always be together. She barely talks to him, but they manage to keep a decent convo" Sachi whispers.

"Her pride is too big to ever stop hating him. Unless...." Asira smiled.

"Kanzari stopped ignoring the poor guy, she kinda took what Ran told her in 711 once. I guess she swallowed some of her pride to make it less awkward" Sachi added "But I can see them dating".

"Wanna bet? If they start dating?" Yuji smirked at everyone, and they all nodded "I bet on they will start dating".

"Let's bet 1000 yen each. I bet on no" Yuki announced, and everyone agreed.

"I bet on yea, they have some chemistry" Sachi added.

"I bet on no, I don't see it happening" Asira stated her bet.

"I bet on yes, come on, Zari definitely finds Ran handsome, she doesn't deny it when we ask her" Jumiya smiles "Kento, you?"

"I'm not betting, you guys are so stupid" Everyone booed at him and called him boring, and he finally give in "Fine, I bet yes". 

Everyone was laughing about it and brushed it off when they got to the rooftop and started eating.