Chapter One

Olora

My mind was racing, constantly going from one thing to the next, my mascara had smeared, my legs were trembling, the breeze was harsh, and the police lights were flashing brightly. There were seven of us on that bench, seven teens who have never met before, seven teens who were completely different from each other, they're was a jock, an openly gay guy, a rebellious girl, a nobody, a party girl, the closeted jock, and the bad boy The police officer was giving me death eyes, as he continued to talk to one of my classmates, did he suspect something, did he suspect that I had killed that girl. Before I knew it I began to pull a tiny strand of my hair, something I struggled a lot with.

I could feel the pain in my neck, that tiny thing that had somehow been so painful. How could something so small could hurt so bad, I've been wondering this for a while now.

"Ma'am?"

The officer called me now standing in front of me,

"I'm ready for you"

I sighed at this thought before finally getting up off of the brown wooden bench. I turned my head around behind me briskly, Tamsyn looked up at me with his big brown eyes, he didn't look scared he didn't even look nervous, he looked completely calm, he was holding his little sister in his left arm, Jing's whole body was shaking, and trembling completely, and crying all in Tamsyn's basketball jacket, she looked intoxicated, I Turned around to face the office in the blue uniform, and began to walk over to him, I could feel everyone's eyes on my back as I walked closer, and closer to the office, my legs got more, and shakier with each step. What would happen to us, would we be arrested? I met a guy's crystal blue eyes as he walked past me, his blonde hair sticking to his forehead from his sweat. Of course, he had been sweating.

The officer asked me as I approached him. I knew I did nothing wrong, but part of me was still worried, I was caught up in a murder case. I looked up to lock eyes with the officer's eyes,

"Of course"

I knew lying to an officer is a crime, I had just lied to an officer, but I had to play it off. I was the last person to be questioned, I just had to try not to get overwhelmed by my feelings, I stuck my hand in the ripped pocket on my now sweat-covered jean jacket, and I began to romp with the cuticles of my pointer finger with my thumb, the only thing I could think of doing at the moment.

"What did you see?"

The officer asked me, snapping me out of my thoughts,

"I heard a scream"

I began to speak, unable to get out a full sentence before shaking again.

"Speak when you're ready"

The officer said, so kindly and understanding, he held a blue notebook in his right hand, and a pencil in his left hand, I guess he was left-handed,

"I ran to the scream, just like everyone else, Domiani's body was just laying on the floor, with blood all over it"

I sighed a little sigh of relief that I was able to finally get it out,

"Where were you when it happened?"

"Downstairs"

That's when I felt it, tears began to form. I tried my hardest not to cry in front of the officer. Tonight sucked. My body was filing with deep sorrow for this girl and her family,

"She was your friend?"

He questioned me.

I didn't know her personally"

That was the last thing I was able to get out before it started, tears began to roll down my cheek, they were extremely frigid, the officer just looked me in the eyes, watching me cry before closing up his notebook and putting it into his black pocket,