Chapter Two

Olora

"thick, thick"

I whispered trying to find a thick shirt, it's freezing, but Minneapolis is always freezing. I threw most of my thin shirts on my bed unevenly and everywhere, but I didn't care. I had practically thrown all of my shirts out until I got to the bottom, I finally found a thick shirt. Black long sleeve shirt with green stripes everywhere. I struggled to take my sweaty tank top off, it was hot, and taking off wet clothes is hard. I threw it on my white hamper and then threw my new shirt on.

"Olora"

my mom shouted to me as she walked passed my door. Being loud, and then lowering the further away she went. I grabbed the closest pair of pants I could find, my blue rigid pants, they were a little bit color washed but it will have to do, I have a bunch of laundry to do but I was too lazy. I grabbed a hair comb from off of my counter and began to brush my hair as put on my pants, in more of a rush than ever. Thank god I brushed my hair last night, the comb just went right through, not hurting even the littlest bit. Once my pants were on I threw my comb on the dresser, picked up my pink velvet backpack off of the floor, and ran downstairs.

"where have you been Olora, I've been calling you?"

she began to scold me,

"yes I know Mom, constantly"

I began to slide on my vans, I loved my mom but sometimes she bugged me, and it irritated me, that she bugged me, I'm a teenager and I have an attitude is someone makes me mad, she makes me mad 24/7.

"coffee hun"

she handed me a coffee mug with warm coffee inside.

"thank you"

I grabbed the mug and took a sip of the warm coffee, with the hot liquids going down my throat, I needed something that would keep me awake.

"so what did you do last night, you were out late?"

Then flashbacks came back again, the dead body, and then the message, chills ran down my spine just thinking about everything.

"um, I was studying"

I smiled at her taking another sip of my coffee, I can't believe last night happened. The cops think I murdered a girl.

"Honey we have to go since you took forever getting dressed"

I can't believe she believed that my mom couldn't know the truth, I didn't want her on this web. I took one more sip of my coffee and then threw it in the sink while my mom grabbed her silver bunch of keys from her purse, then she darted her eyes at me noticing what I did with my mug.

"Mom I'll clean it when I get home, I promise"

"I'll meet you in the car"

she said ironing what I just said. I leaned on the counter and looked at my cuticles, they were all messed up, and throbbing, so badly. I never knew something could hurt this badly before. I got up and walked out the wide open door and shut it behind me. It was freezing outside, it was crisp and cool, and there were puddles everywhere from the rain last night. I loved the rain, the smell everything about it. Thank god we had instant lock doors. My mom rolled down the window in her black beat-up minivan and honked the horn twice, only twice, it was a joke, an inside joke, a joke only we knew. She laughed and smiled at me through the open window.

"I'm coming"

I ran up to the door going through a water puddle, water splashed all over my open body parts, it was cold but nice, I opened the door, threw my backpack on the floor, and then jumped in the car closing the door behind me.