chapter Seven

Olora

"Abby?"

I asked her again, this time with a worried look on my face, I didn't know what to do. The only thing I could think of right now is the fact that I need to see, I needed to see if Nick really did it, if he really killed her, although a part of me didn't even want to believe that he was capable of doing something like that, but then again he left the scene very fast after they talked to us. 

"Ben said he wanted to look over the video with both of us"

Abby finally spoke after being quiet, I was a little bit irritated at the fact that she only watched him, I knew Ben a while too but I knew him long enough to know that in his mind the video is more important to him.

"i'm going over"

I confidently said, but before Abby could comprehend what was happening I was already gone

"Wait Olora"

she tried to whisperer loudly to me but I was unaffected by it. Dillan smiled at me as he noticed I was walking up to them. Ben saw his smile and turned around,

"hi"

I smiled at them as I had finally arrived to where they are

"what's up Olora?"

ben looked a little bit mad, his cheeks were turning the sliest shade of red

"the video"

and then at that very moment it hit him, and he finally realized why he was actually  here at the party, not to flirt but to look at the video

"what video?"

Dillan questioned us calmly

"Abby found a video where Nick is talking to the girl who dies the other night, but they're a twist, it was a few minutes before she died in the restroom"

his face turned to a pale white, and an expression of disbelief, I didn't know if he didn't believe Ben or if he just didn't want to believe it, just like.

"I thought he wasn't doing that kind of stuff anymore, what was he doing with Nova before she died though?"

"that's the question for the ages, but Abby has a video and if you wasn't proof you can come watch the video"

I hate the thought of Nick being the one who was possibly behind this, it was our first real lead, like we could actually clear our names, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to throw Nick under the bus like that.  Just so I don't get considered a criminal.

"let's go see the video then"

Dillan at that point, he didn't care,  about anything. We all walked back over to the other side where the beige counter was with now spilled drinks everywhere, and red silicone cups thrown al over the counter, some empty, some still with a little bit of drink in it, what kind of monsters would do this to someone house.  Abby pulled out her phone from her shorts pocket underneath her dress, and opened it.

"you okay?"

Dillan asked me from besides me, I guess he could tell I wasn't. 

"I don't want to believe Nick would be so cruel to kill a girl"

I hesitancy responded, most of the time I didn't even tell people what I was truly thinking, and I liked it better that way. I always kept my thoughts inside, no one knew them not even my mom. he stared around for a little moment, fiddling with his hands by his waist,

"I know"

he smiled at me weakly, then turned his head back at Abby. 

"here"

Abby moved some of the cups away before she put out her phone down  the table where it was facing us. On the inside I was mentally preparing myself for what I was about to see. He put her pointer finger wit her diamond ring on it and clicked the play button in the middle of the screen and the video started to play for all of us to see. It was horrible to rematch the video for the second time, it felt awful. I hated what I was watching with my eyes.

"the video doesn't look altered"

Abby stated as the video ended turning her phone off,

"so it's real?"

Dillan started becoming anxious from this, it turns out he does what I do when I'm anxious, or maybe everyone does it. Dillan's body started to shake a bit.

"you need to sit down"

Ben noticed the anxiousness in his too and pulled out a brown wooden bench stool that was  underneath the counter. Dillan sat on the chair so swiftly, he didn't even hesitate or anything. After sitting he smiled at Ben and he did the same. Every time Ben looked at him, he always had a twinkle in his eye, unlike any twinkle I'd ever seen, it was cute. 

"so Nick killed her"

"let's not jump to any conclusions Abby"

she gave me a 'are you serious' look as a response to my reply.

"you saw the video, I know your denying it but we saw it"

how dare Ben bring that up, he knew that was my weak point, jut like sharing my feelings is my weak point

"it doesn't mean anything, it's just Nick talking to some girl"

I looked over at Dillan trying to get him on my side

"I'm sorry, I'm with them though"

I rolled my eyes at them so far back I didn't think they would come back out. I was pissed at them, so pissed.

"of course you would say that Dillan"

"what does that supposed to mean?"

he asked me with a confused look on his face, for a slight moment it seemed as if he actually didn't know what I was talking about.

"you like Ben you idiot"

I sort of yelled at him, but his face immediately changed when I said that, it went from confused toe mad, like really mad, and his eyebrows furrowed. Then just like that he pushed out his chair loudly and angrily, he jumped off and walked away not saying a word. You could almost see the steam coming off the top of his head as he slid through the dancing girls. I looked over at Ben, he looked furious,

"aren't you supposed to make everything better, instead of worse"

he angrily stomped the other way, you could practically hear the sound of his shoes walking away over the loud music playing, one stomp, after another