Chapter Thirty-Two

Olora

I ran out of my car and ran into the field where my friends were waiting

"where have you been?"

Ben asked me as a walked over to him

"I lost track of time"

I lied. Nick was leaning back on the other bench behind him, I went over and took a seat next to him. Nick and Ben were the only ones here.

"you look beautiful"

Nick whispered into my ear as I sat down giving me butterflies.

"where's Arabela?"

I asked questioned trying to change the subject, and trying not to get butterflies anymore.

''I don't know, she just got up and left"

Ben looked up at me with the same confused look on his face as me

"Well I'm gonna get some food from the concessions stand, wanna come?"

Nick asked as he got up out off the bench and looked at me

"why not"

I got up off of my seat on the bench and did exactly what he did

"do you want anything from the stand?"

Nick asked turning to Ben

"a large coke please" 

he smiled at Nick

"thanks Nick"

"mhm, sure"

Me and Nick turned to walk out of the arena and headed to the concession stand. Did I ever mention that this place was huge, no well it's gigantic. You probably need a map to get around this place, and I'm not joking either. Finally after a few minutes we had reached the concession stand at the end. They was already a huge line, Nick turned to me and just smiled at me

"yes?"

I asked in between laughs

"nothing, you just look beautiful"

there goes that plan to not get butterflies in my stomach, cause the minute he said that they all came back. I tried to hold it back for a moment but then a smile broke through and I couldn't control it anymore.

"Nick?"

an unfamiliar female voice called from behind us. Nick's face turned pale as as ghost, and that is when I knew that it was bad. She was probably from his past that he refused to ever talk about whenever I asked him. We turned around and an unfamiliar woman stood in front of us, she was a scary woman, she had long black nails, short hair, and big hoop earrings in her ears. Behind her stood two scary men covered in tattoos. Nicks beautiful smile instantly faded away after this.

"Mania"

He said in a real serious tone, compared to his tone before.

"the last time I remember, you owed me some money, a lot of money"

she got straight to the point not wasting any time.

"I will get you your money"

his tone was now worried, I had never seen a worried Nick in my life, it truly scared me

"well here's a message for you so you know were serious about the money Nick"

the woman snapped her fingers, and behind her one of the scary men came up to Nick and hit him square in the eye. It took Nick a minute to process what just happened, but by that time he was on the floor with a bleeding mouth. I wanted to go over to him, help him, or do anything but one of the other mean just kept staring at me, it scared me

"come one boys"

the lady shouted as she turned around walking away with the men doing the same thing that she did and walked away. Nick was still hazed for a moment, until he realized that I saw the whole thing. A small part of me wanted to cry, wanted to help but I couldn't. Finally Nick got up off of the floor, he looked at me with blood in his mouth, he spit the blood onto the floor and walked away trying to control his anger. I was so in shock by what just happened, that I just stood their, I stood their and did absolutely nothing. To frozen to move, to scared to move, and before I knew it I had been standing here for a long while, doing absolutely nothing but staring off into the distance. I wanted to go find him, I wanted to tell him that I wasn't mad, I even wanted to make sure that he was okay.

The sad thing is that I didn't know where to begin searching for Nick, the only person who could help me was currently dead at the moment, what would I do. Suddenly a something inside of me told me to go to the back of the school building, why would he be there? I let the food are and went over to the back of the building, praying and hoping that he would be their somewhere. I walked out and turned to the left of the alley, and their he was on a crate with a rag on his eye trying to clean up the blood. Once the door shut it made a loud bang, he turned his head and finally noticed me their, he didn't say a work, he just went back to cleaning his eye with the rag. His eye looked awful, it was purple and blue. I walked over to where he was at and knelt down in front of me so I could see it better. 

You could see the hurt in his eyes, I felt so bad for him. He put the rag on the other box next to him and looked at me so I could see. It was quiet, we sat like this for a moment. I felt awful for him, he was hurting, I had never see him hurt like this before. 

"I lied"

I finally spoke breaking the long silence. He had a confused look on his face at first

"about what?"

"about the party"

was all I said as first waiting for a moment to complete my sentence

"I remember everything Nick.. I wasn't that drunk, I tried to kiss you"

his face made an expression on it, but I couldn't read it, it was to hard. Without saying anything else I leaned closer to him, my lips inches apart

"If you do this, you're gonna get dragged down with my shit"

he said putting his hands in front of us trying to stop me

"I don't care, I'm ready"

then I finished what I started, I kissed him. He didn't hesitate, he kissed me back. He cupped his hands around my face as he continued to kiss me. It was nice, never would I ever think that I would fall for Nick Ramirez.