Chapter Nine

Ben

As I sat in the interrogation room, it was quiet. The room was empty, it only had one big silver table and a chair on both sides in the middle which was where they kept me. Was I gonna get arrested, I was only 16, and I'm too young to get arrested I still had big dreams. I haven't even had my first kiss yet, just thinking about it made me seem like a loser. I couldn't hear anything, it was soundproof. There was a big blue glass mirror on the wall, I've seen enough cop movies to know that it was a one-way mirror, they're was probably some cop watching me. Just the thought of a cop watching me sent shivers down my spine. The room was hot, I could feel the gel coming out of my hair from the heat. Sweat was trickling down my spine, and it smelt gross in here. I felt like a criminal but according to Abby, that's exactly what we were, criminals.

It felt like I had been in here for hours, just waiting, and waiting. I for someone to finally come and talk to me. The room was quiet, too quiet I didn't like it. My thoughts got interrupted as the door opened slowly, making a loud creaky noise as it opened. A big Mexican man with sunglasses and a doughnut in his hand was in the door frame. He took another bite of his jelly doughnut before walking in and shutting the door behind him. This man was intimidating, probably the most intimidating man I'd ever seen. He walked over to the table slowly, and set his doughnut on a napkin. One by one he licked the tips of each of his finger trying to get the powered sugar off of his finger, it grossed me out. He picked up a clip bored that was p=on the silver table and began to read it

"Ben William, 17 year old Italian male, height 5'6"

and just like that he knew more about me than Abby even knew, heck he even knew me better than I knew myself. It scared me

"reason for being her.."

he paused for a moment trying to get to me, he looked up a little bit to see my face, trying to get me to yell at him. Your stronger than this Ben, don't yell.

"suspected of murder"

I leaned back in my chair, oh my gosh Abby was right. My heart started to pound fast, trying to escape from my chest. I put my left hand on my chest hoping it would slow down but it didn't work.

"are you a murder?"

he asked me as he sat down onto the chair and putting the file back onto the table. Don't panic Ben, don't panic Ben, stay calm.

"I didn't kill anyone"

He had a serious look on his face. A part of me wanted to tell my my parents. I couldn't get my parents involved sadly, they could never know what's going on.

"the paper says other wise''

the officer had a deep manly voice whenever he talked,

"How's Dillan?"

I tried to change the subject praying he wouldn't ask if I killed her. I also really wanted to know if

"oh I get it"

he made a gross expression, it kind of made me really mad.

"he's your boyfriend, that's gross"

I wanted to punch him, or yell, or do something but I couldn't it would be considered as a crime. Out of all the officers they stuck me with a homophobic, my worst nightmare just came true.

"your not responding?"

"I plead the fifth"

He looked angry, but not as angry as I was. He ate another bite of his doughnut, and walked out, not saying a word just to angry. I wonder how everyone else was doing right now. Why is the world so cruel, it's not like people can control they're sexuality. For the longest time I denied likening the same gender when I first found out, it was hard. People make it harder, not for me but for everyone. Everyone is so filled with hatred for themselves that they take it out on other people. I waited for a little bit before the door finally opened again, this time it was a females officer. She had dark brown hair and hazel eyes, she seemed just a little shorter than the male officer. She smiled sweetly at me,

"you can go"

it took me a minute to comprehend what was happening, I was still shocked from what happened with the male officer. I stood up and walked to the door which she was holding open. She smiled at me as I walked by but I didn't even make any expression, I just walked past her and tried to ignore her. The outside of the door was a long narrow hallway, which I assumed led to the waiting room. The officer closed the door behind her and locked it.

"just at the end of the hall"

she said pointing to the hallway. Without hesitation I gladly walked down the hall, trying to get away from everything. Once I finally reached the room they're was chairs connected to each other in diagonal rows. Everyone was sitting on the chairs, the homophonic officer was talking to Dillan. Soon everyone noticed me, and so did the officer .I looked at the officer with sorrow in my eyes, meanwhile he had disgust in her cold eyes. He turned at Dillan and smiled politely then walked away. What a monster he was. I hate people like him. Arabela looked sad at the end of the chairs, but it was obvious why she was sad.

"are you okay man?"

Rowan asked me, it was weird he seemed to understand I was hurting. He was nice?

"people are monsters"

was all a managed to get out, trying to hold in my tears. It was obvious

"what happened Ben?"

Abby was concerned, but honestly I was to hurt to event talk about it so I didn't, I walked out that glass door without saying anything. I could feel the eyes of everyone staring at me as I walked out bit I didn't care. The door shut behind me, slowly. It was raining outside, something I really needed. The water dropped everywhere on me soaking me, dropping cold and like little needles everywhere.

"what happened?"

Dillan asked me from behind me. How did I not hear him come out, probably because of the loud rain sound.

"you wouldn't understand"

I yelled over the rain, as it got in my mouth. The rain rolled down my face Colling me off.

"try me"

he began to walk closer to me, until he was behind me. I turned around to face him so he could see my face. He was soaked, and I had to admit even though I was mad he was really attractive wet.

"you can't relate Dillan"

"still try me"

the rain was loud as it constantly fell to the ground making a loud sound each time a drop fell. it smelt musky and fresh from the rain.

"that officer"

I pointed at the building furiously.

"he said it was gross that I was gay"

I pointed furiously again, but this time to myself. Dillan had this look on his face, this look of sorrow.

"people are monster Dillan, and you cant relate, you know why?"

I spoke to him getting closer to him, lips inches apart,

"because you deny that you like me"

he still had that look on his face, that look of sorrow on his face, but it was worse. Then I left, leaving him alone in the rain. I started walking home, I only lived a few block away thank god. I just wish nothing today happened.