Chapter Sixteen

Arabela

I sat on the bench filled with anticipation inside me, waiting to find out what happened to Tamyson. 

"hey"

a husky male voice said from behind me, it was Rowan, and on the other side of Aby and next to Ben, Dillan stood there, with gum in his mouth. They were leaning down on their knees.

"How is he?"

Abby asked them turning around and facing him.

"it's just a sprained ankle"

Dillan said calmly, Just hearing that made my nerves settle, one of my friend likes him and she would be so heartbroken if it was worse

"what are they gonna do about the game?"

Ben asked Dillan. Dillan turned his head to face Ben so now they were inches apart.

"were just gonna have to continue the game without him"

Dillan responded to him

"hey, you two"

the coach yelled at Dillan and Rowan trying to get there attention which he succeeded at. They both looked over at the coach still on the field

"the game remember?"

he and now looking partially angry.

"we're coming coach"

Dillan reassured the coach before turning his head over back at face Ben. 

"good luck with the game"

Ben smiled at him sweetly

"thanks"

he said before he placed a peck on his lips, it was cute, usually I would go crazy about this but right now one of our friends is kind of hurt. He chewed his gum one more time then left with Rowan behind him. Halfway Rowan stopped and turned around at Abby smiled at each other before following Dillan to the field. 

"that's cute"

Nick smiled at Dillan. Then Nick looked around for a brief moments

"what are you looking for Nick?"

I questioned him curiously.

"do you hear that?"

he asked me as he continued to look around, but I didn't hear anything

"I don't hear anything Nick"

he stopped looking around for a moment,

"hmm.."

he said as he got up and walked away without saying anything else. I turned around to see the guy from earlier but he wasn't there anymore. I wonder where he went. At the prom the other night, I met this guy, he didn't let me dance alone. He walked dup to me sitting alone on the table and he asked me to dance. I've never seen this guy before in , my life well besides at the game behind us. But he was gone, he wasn't behind us anymore. It's like he had just disappeared, into thin air.

I'll be back"

I smiled at my friends before I walked out of the arena, I walked through the exit door. I walked a little bit past it looking for him, but not a single trace of him, nowhere.

"looking for someone?"

a familiar deep male voice asked from behind me. I turned around to see who it was, it was him leaning against the wall with a cigarette in his hand.

"not anyone specific"

I walked over to him and leaned on the wall right next to him. He turned his head to the opposite side of me and released the smoke that was in his mouth.