Chapter Two

Nehemiah

"Man this why I don't play with y'all cause all y'all do is cheat!" Roshuan screamed into his headset causing my ear to ring.

"Every time this nigga loses he wanna talk about somebody cheating. If you're bad at the game then you're bad at the game. Get over it bro you suck."

"You know I can literally walk in your room and beat your ass right." "Come and find out Jamar, come and find out!"

"Bro no way y'all arguing right now." I sighed out into my headset. It's one thing to be arguing with any of the boys because it's funny and unserious.

But the twins fighting with each other is just annoying because they always wanna take it too far and never know when to just leave each other alone.

Sibling rivalry is something I would never understand.

That's how it is when you're the only child.

"I don't know why either of them are talking a big game, neither of them can fight." Kobe interjected.

Now all of them fighting.

I decided to stay quiet and scroll on my phone and just let them talk trash to each other until they decided that they wanted to be done.

It's just a game and I don't need my mama coming up here complaining about me screaming and hollering over something that's not even that serious.

Especially since they know they gon forget they even had this argument in an hour.

Eventually, we did get back to playing, but the twins still had it out for each other. And when Roshuan lost again and was screaming even louder than before, I just took my headset off started folded some laundry I been needing to get to.

"Nehemiah, I need you to- who the hell is screaming that loud?" My mama asked coming into my room.

Based off of what she was wearing I could tell she had been outside working on her garden. She's into all that 'I only use and eat organic products', which ain't a hundred percent true but she tries her best.

"Twins." I mumbled, continuing to fold my clothes.

Mama stayed in my room and listen in on the arguing until they started cursing. When she picked up my headset to place it on her head, I smirked knowing they were about to get in trouble.

My mama has always treated my friends like they were her own kids. They even called her mama instead of Ms. Toya.

Every summer back when we were in school mama would always have everyone over and had some kind of fun activity planned for us. During the school year our house was still the place everyone came to, but less frequently because of all of our extracuriculars we all had committed to.

Sometimes it felt like my friends didn't have their own parents at home.

"I know y'all not cursing like I ain't teach y'all to have some sense!"

All of a sudden everybody wanna get quiet.

"Ain't no way this man Nehemiah snitched on y'all." I heard Kobe say, laughing might I add.

"Kobe I don't know why you laughing because why you didn't stop them. Your supposed to be the leader of the group. Lead them down the right paths. You know Nehemiah just gonna sit there and let it happen."

Sure am, we too grown now to be arguing over nothing. I have bigger issues going on than arguing with them.

"Mama he over he taking it too far. Talking bout my twists look like twigs." Roshuan complained to her. "Bro, tell me when you look in the mirror you don't see yourself as the Jamaican man from the applejack cereal?" Jamar questioned.