Chapter Thirty-Two

Nehemiah

"Happy birthday!"

I groaned, rolling over to see who was yelling.

I should've of expected it to be Kendall. He stood to the side of the bed holding a plate of a stack of pancakes on it.

In the center of them there were two number 2 candles placed on them indicating how old I'd be turning in two weeks.

Nobody better sing that Taylor Swift song to me.

"It's not my birthday yet." I mumbled sitting up and rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

"I know, but I wanted to celebrate early just the two of us." The bed dipped as he sat next to me holding the plate in his hands with a big smile on his face. If I wasn't so tired I would show more excitement than I was currently showing him.

"Did you get me a gift?"

I pretended to not acknowledge the pancakes in his hands to tease him a bit. The gesture of bringing them was more than enough for me, but it was funny seeing how disappointed he got when I didn't thank him for them.

"Not yet. I decided to do this last minute so I didn't really have time to get you anything yet. But I will, I already know what I'm getting you. I'm sorry." He frowned.

"Baby, I'm just fucking with you. C'mere." I removed the plate from his hand placing it on the floor next to the bed since there was no bedside table. I then pulled him on top of me so he'd straddle me.

"Miah, I had Zach make those early this morning. I bet he already hates me for asking him for the sundaes. You have to eat them so I don't feel bad."

"We will, I just wanna enjoy a morning cuddle with you first."

"Mmkay."

He laid down on my chest as he granted me what I wanted. I could feel the tips of his fingers begin to trace along my right pec as the other was occupied by his cheek.

For a while, we just laid together not saying anything. He continued to rub on my chest while my hands rubbed on his back, legs, and occasionally his ass. I think I even fell back into a light sleep for a couple of minutes.  

Being with him was peaceful. It's like laying on a pool float mid-day when the weather is just right. Just calm and relaxing.

I felt an urge to hold his hand so I did. I didn't do anything with it, just held it in my own. In doing that I noticed the small heart tattoo on the inside of his wrist.

"I forgot you had this." I mentioned as I brushed my thumb over the almost faded ink.

He made the stupid decision of letting Amber do the tattoo on him. When we were sixteen she had this impulsive feeling that she wanted to drop out of school and become a tattoo artist. So, she saved up and bought the cheapest equipment she could and asked us which one of us would be her first dummy.

Kendall ended up being the dummy.

He made her promise to do something small since he nor any of us were supposed to be getting tattoos anyway.