Chapter Thirteen

Nehemiah

It's been two months since Ken has moved back and things are slowly starting to feel normal for us. We've slowly developed a routine with Justice, managing school, and our jobs. It hasn't been the easiest thing but we've gotten used to it.

I guess him and that boy back in Chicago got something going on now. Marcel really got his ass.

I be hearing them on the phone sometimes and Ken's phone be going off like crazy around certain times.

He tries to play it off when I'm around, but knowing how Ken reacts when someone's flirting with him lets me know that he is being told everything he wanna hear.

And that's my problem with him.

I feel like he used the advantage of him being there for Jay when I wasn't there to mind trick Kendall into thinking he deserved a chance of getting to date him. It's what I thought from the beginning and it's what I think now.

I'm sure he likes Kendall, but how he got him ain't cool and Ken too slow to realize it.

He's clearly trying to move on and I have to accept that, but I wished it was with someone I could have respect for.

Besides my issue with Marsail, I guess our relationship is good.

Now Justice and I.

He's warmed up enough to let me do more things than he's allowed me to in the past. Ken and Mama have taught me a few tricks as well. I'm doing my best to learn everything about him and parenting as much as I can because it surely isn't coming easily to me.

I just have to take it day by day like I've been doing.

A few days ago, Chrishell asked if we could meet to talk but I rejected her. My loyalty is with Kendall. We've been doing good and going to meet homegirl is gonna fuck that up, I already know that.

However, I do feel kinda bad cus I haven't spoken to her since the altercation. Like I should've handled telling Ken a little better and gave and her a warning or something. But that shit was itching at me. I couldn't look at him knowing what I did.

However, if I say fuck it and go meet her to talk then I'm betraying Ken. When it all comes down to it, it'll always be him that'll choose. Over and over again.

But he's moved on and I feel as though I should do the same. I just can't move on without hurting him as well.

"Miah, I need help in here!" I heard Mama yell from the living room.

I had been in my room all day trying to do some schoolwork before I got behind on it. It was only the third week of the spring semester and my schoolwork was piling up. Plus baseball was starting back up next week so I needed to stay on top of everything.

I closed my laptop and slipped my slides on as I went downstairs. Mama was using a stool to hold up a shelf. I guess she just bought it.

"Will you hold this shelf up for me, please? I can't hold it up and nail it in at the same time." I nodded my head and did what she asked of me. "Why do we need this shelf?"

"I saw something on Pinterest and it gave me some inspiration. Plus I'm going to need some shelf space to place some pictures of Justice up." "Do we have pictures of him?"

"I have pictures of him. Do you have pictures of your son?" "I mean just random stuff on my phone, not professional stuff."

"Then you should ask Ken don't you think?" "Yeah, I guess so."

Speaking of pictures, Ken is taking Jay to go take pictures for his birthday and asked me to join. Of course I was gonna go. I still had to buy him a couple of outfits for the pictures, but I still had a little time so no rush.