Chapter Twenty-Three

Kendall

"Fuck! Where the fuck is my shoe?"

I couldn't find the other pair to my shoe and my friends were already outside my house waiting on me.

My room was a mess with all of the clothes I had picked out from my closet were randomly sprawled out all over my room.

Now I can't find the shoe I need to complete my outfit.

"Baby, just wear some different shoes." Marquis's voice said through the phone.

"No, the shoes I'm looking for are the only ones that match the outfit I have on right now. If I put on different shoes then I'm going to have to change my outfit again."

"I told you to plan out your outfit yesterday. You knew you had places to be."

The thing is I did plan my outfit. However, when I put the outfit on I absolutely hated it. It didn't seem to match and I just didn't look good in it.

Normally I wouldn't care this much, but since I'd be in a club where multiple people would be looking at me and looking good themselves I had to look good as well. I hadn't bought new clothes in so long so I had to make do with what I already had in my closet.

"Just leave me alone and stop scolding me! Help me find my shoe!" I huffed, throwing clothes all over my room.

"I can't help you because I'm not there."

Oh right, I forgot.

He was currently back in Chicago visiting his family. He'd been gone all week and I was only starting to miss him now.

We haven't been able to talk over the phone that often and when we did the conversations were short. But he was returning in the next few days to come.

"Then just tell me some good news then. Maybe it'll bring me some luck."

"Hmm, the good news is that this trip is almost over and I get to come home to you. I haven't taken you out lately so maybe I can get to that. Or not go out and just do something nice together at home."

"Ooo, can we go skating? I'm not the best skater but I really want to go." "Of course baby."

My phone pinged interrupting my search. I swiped down on the screen that I was getting multiple messages from my friends rushing me outside.

"Fuck, my friends are texting the group chat now. I need to hurry before they leave me."

"Where this club at again?" He asked.

"I'm not really sure. I kind of just get in the car and allow my friends to take me wherever their hearts desire."

I pushed back the covers of my bed to see if my missing item had somehow ended up under my sheets. I even shook the blanket in my hands to see if it got hidden in it.

"You just let them take you anywhere? You don't get scared that they'll lead you to danger?" I saw his face frown up in the camera as if my previous statement was absurd.

"Not at all. I would do anything for them and they would do anything for me. Oh my gosh, I finally found it!" I exclaimed finally finding my missing shoe at the bottom of my laundry basket. Don't know how it got there and don't care.