Chapter Four

Nehemiah

"You feeling better now?" "Yeah, much better."

I was chilling with one of my closest homegirls Chrishell. Over the course of the past few months, I've found that we've grown closer. She has been going through a lot with her family, so because we relate with one another, we naturally just avoid them with each other.

At first, it was friendly, never did anything more than just chill. But then out of nowhere it turned into Netflix and chilling.

I'm not proud of it at all hence why no one knows about us. I trust her and she trusts me. There were no strings attached and there would never be.

Honestly, I don't know if I could ever fall in love again. I've tried talking to people to give them a chance, but no one has made me feel as strongly as I've felt in the past. After realizing that I gave up. Maybe true love just wasn't meant for me.

"What was wrong with you anyway?" "Nothing, I was just bored."

She often tries to pry and poke to get me to share things with her, but it's not fair because when I pry and poke she doesn't open up to me about her conflicts.

"Okay fine, I didn't want to talk anyway."

I chuckled at her new attitude but continued to watch whatever she had on the tv. All these girls doing is yelling, screaming, and fighting. And then there's one with a long ass chin that keeps pissing me off with her annoying ass voice.

Somehow it's still slightly entertaining.

Since we had plans later that night with our friends we didn't stay in bed too much longer before we decided to start getting ready. I let her shower first so that while I was taking my shower she would have plenty of time to do her hair and makeup.

It took us around an hour for both of us to basically be done getting ready. Chrishell still had a little left of her hair to do, but she should be done by the time everyone met up at my house.

"Crissy you need to hurry up and take your shit to your car. Don't need them questioning why you got ready here instead of at your house." I told her, watching as she put curls in her hair. "It'll be fine. And no one is gonna question anything and even if they did it's not weird for me to get ready here."

"No, it's not weird for girls to get ready at each other houses. Girls getting ready at their guy friends is just like a nigga telling his girl that he got a girl best friend and nothing more is happening." "And what is that supposed to mean?"

"Do the girlfriend ever believe him?"  I waited for her to say 'no', but I heard a 'whatever' and saw her roll her eyes in the mirror that she was sitting in front of.

"I don't know why you even rushing me. You the reason my hair is all fucked up anyway. Wanna be a fucking hair puller. I had to fix my lace cuz you fucked it up." She complained while I smirked.

I don't even be paying attention to what the hell we be doing while were going at it. Every time we fuck we both have one end goal and that goal must be completed by any means necessary.

Not to sound like one of those dudes. I obviously have a deep love for this girl, just not like that. I think we both can agree when I say we're each other's sexual stress reliever.  Sex with each other is strictly just sex. That was the agreement and we stick to it.

Until she finished I decided to chill on my phone to kill the time. I checked my messages to see I had a message from Mama checking in on me since she had to work today.

I told her how I was doing alright and informed her of my plans for tonight. In her response, she made sure to tell us to have fun and to be safe. Most importantly not get into any trouble. We usually don't get into any trouble unless the twins decide to act on impulse and decide to do some reckless shit that Kobe and myself always seem to have to get them out of.