Chapter Forty-One

Kendall

This shit always happened to me. I really thought all this was done and that we've all moved on with our lives.

But for whatever reason it seems like I have some kind of death wish I never asked for.

If I was destined to die I hoped today would be the day that it finally happened.

"W-w-why..." I stuttered out. My goal was to ask what the hell he was doing here at my house.

Not only was I too stunned to get the question out, but it also didn't seem important to ask anyway.

The man was already here. His presence alone was enough to spark fear in me.

"Just relax and don't say anything. Everything will be okay." Marquis rushed out, pushing his hands in a downward motion to keep me calm and quiet.

Did I listen though?

No, the fuck I didn't.

"HELP! HELP!" I yelled to grab the attention of my friends upstairs.

Marquis covered my mouth with his hand as he pushed me into the house and closed the door behind him.

"I said to relax. I need to tell you something."

"No, I'm only giving you one chance to leave. I suggest you do that for your own good!"

"Kendall please just listen to me. We don't have a lot of time."

And that we didn't because before he could go on Tami and Brayden were already at the end of the stairs.

When they approached I could tell by his face that he thought I was home alone. Not that he was about to be fighting against three people and his life could potentially be in danger.

At least that's how it was for now.

Before my fight response kicked in Tami and Brayden were already lunging at Marquis.

Tami ended up on his back while Brayden fought him the best he could. It didn't seem like either of them was doing a good job because Marquis still had the strength to fight them back a bit, but they all were doing the best they could.

Once my fight response initiated after a five-second delay, I ran to the closet where I knew the gun had been collecting dust.

It'd have to do its job today.

My hands shakily punched in the code to the safe as I tried to focus on getting the code correct instead of the screaming happening in the other room.

I could hear Brayden and Tami talking shit while Marquis begged for them to stop hurting him. It seemed like he wasn't fighting back since all I heard was the mixture of his heavy feet and their yelling.

However, I knew that if I didn't hurry up he would hurt them.

Once I did manage to get the gun out and get myself under control I rushed back into the living room where Tami and Brayden were still trying to fight at Marquis.

They currently looked like little children trying to fight their bully. Marquis had his arms stretched out horizontally as he held their bodies back and they were windmilling their arms to try to hit him.

When he saw I had returned he dropped his arms and took a step back causing Brayden and Tami to run into each other due to adrenaline.

Luckily the impact wasn't too hard.

"Look, I ain't here to hurt none of y'all. Please put the gun down." Marquis pleaded as he held his arms up surrendering himself to me.

"Either you leave and never come back or I'll use it." I said trying to sound intimidating.