Chapter Twenty-One

Nehemiah

"And just like that, you left?"

"I left, what else was there for me to say?" I explained everything that happened last night with Chrishell to the twins and Kobe as they helped me with my pitching.

The whole thing left everyone questioning me and Ken all day. I felt guilty that he kept getting bombarded about something that he constantly had to be reminded about.

Luckily Chrishell listened to me and took everything down so the pictures and video weren't on the internet anymore, but of course, the damage was still done.

"So what now?" Kobe asked as he caught the ball.

"Ion know, I just keep moving how I was before don't I?" I shrugged.

"Man Nehemiah ion know how you just move on and keep going with the stuff that happens in your life," Jamar shook his head.

"Guess I'm just prone to moving on regardless of what it is. Let's not talk about it no more. Here catch." I threw a fastball at him, which he caught. He threw it back at me and got ready to catch the next one.

"And your sure that Kendall aight with this too?" Kobe asked.

"He aight. You how he get. Be all worked up but a little sweet talking will and reassurance with get him to calm down."

The boys looked at each other having a secret conversation with their eyes that I clearly wasn't a part of causing me to squint my eyes in confusion.

"What?"

"Oh nothing, man. Nothing at all." Kobe said, holding his hands up and shaking his head.

"No, black people always got something to say when they do that."

"It ain't nothing man. Wanna practice your swing?" He asked changing the subject he then handed the bat over to me.

"Alright, bro."

I needed to practice anyway.

Although I was a pitcher, it was still important to me that I kept my batting skills up to par. I'd like to be known as a versatile player, but my batting doesn't even come close to my pitching abilities. Nothing was wrong with that, but there's always room for improvement.

After practicing for a little while longer all of us were ready to grab something to eat. All I had today was some eggs that Mama whipped up for me way earlier this morning.

Couldn't get any lunch because of all the shit I had to do earlier, so it was way overdue for me to eat something.

The boys helped me back up my things before we walked off to Kobe's car. I put my bag in his trunk before taking a seat in the passenger seat. The twins occupied the back.

Once Kobe started his car he connected his phone to the Bluetooth, immediately playing Her Loss. Don't get me wrong, I loved the album, but this is all that nigga plays. He's tiring it out and I wish he discovered an album, song, or just something new.

I didn't say anything though, just nodded my head as More M's played through the speakers.

"Where y'all trynna eat at?" Kobe asked as he pulled out of the parking lot. "Ion got a taste for nothing." Jamar replied, his brother agreeing with him.

Here we go.

"Look I ain't bout to be driving round the whole city now. Y'all better tell me what y'all want." Father Kobe said. Father cause that's exactly what he sounded like right now.