Chapter Seventeen

Nehemiah

I stretched my arm across my chest trying to get rid of the aching feeling that had accumulated.

I found myself in the batting cage trying to practice my pitching and use it to blow off some steam.

I hadn't been performing my best in my games recently and I can't figure out why. I've been in this funk for a minute and I was ready to get out of it.

Seeing that my arm was pretty sore I decided to call it a day. I didn't want to over-train and just make my performance worse. I went over to my bag and pulled out my phone to check. I had missed some things in the group chat but I'd get to it later.

But I rolled my eyes at one text from someone in particular. 

Chrishell: Still thinking about you. Really wish you would talk to me.

I was not talking to that girl!

I don't know what she was not understanding.

She's been messaging me every day for the past few weeks, but I have never responded. You would think from me not replying that she would get the hint and just move on.

I don't want to make it seem like I'm putting all the heat on her because I'm not, it's just I really regret doing what I did with her and it's just easier for me to avoid it all than by talking through it.

I also didn't even have anything to say. Shit, I don't know what it is that she has to say.

The last time we saw each other things got heated and crazy between her and Kendall. Which completely caught me off guard.

I was not prepared for him to act out like that at all. Mind you, he's never acted out like that. He might mess around and say something about fighting someone or verbally be mean within our friend group, but never has he acted on any of it.

That truly showed me that he was not fucking with her anymore and I gotta stand by him.

I should just block her, but if I do she might get our other friends involved in our drama, which I don't want.

Or even worse she might end up on my doorstep. Then I'd be forced to talk to her.

Regardless of what happens, I know we will never be the friends we once were.

Not wanting to stress over it anymore I turned my phone back off and went back to practicing for about another hour or so.

When my arm became so fatigued to the point where it felt numb I knew it was time to wrap it up and head home.

After I packed up my things I headed out to my car. Once there I put my things in the trunk, got in the driver's seat, and started the car up right after. Before pulling off I checked my phone one last time for messages I had gotten between the start of my last session to now.

I got a text from Kendall in regards to something about Jay. Right after that, he asked how my day was and I was feeling.

I think he knew I was in a funk because he's been giving me some space. Not a bad type of space, but more of a letting me have a lot more time to myself.

But that's not even what I wanted.

I didn't want my mood to affect him or make him worry about me because I knew I was going to be alright. I always go through this cycle and it never gets easier for me to deal with. I never know what triggers it, but it never gets easier to deal with.

I felt a little bit better today knowing that I was going to have Justice for the next few days. That kid right there has truly changed my life. I didn't know I needed him, but I'm glad he's here.