Chapter Thirty-Four

Nehemiah

"Irresponsible that's what you are. Just so irresponsible at your big age."

Mama was ranting about me...well I don't even know anymore. Y'all know how mama's get.

They start yelling at you about one thing and then they start going down the list of other things they been waiting to complain about.

No disrespect, but I wish she would just shut up already. I do not need to be dealing with her 'tude right now.

Tonight I'll finally be meeting my father's real family. They flew in last night and my dad arranged a whole weekend for me to spend with them.

I was currently driving the both of us to some restaurant that's supposed to be all fancy. I felt myself still feeling nervous to meet them.

They were just so different from me when it came to our lifestyles.

I could only count on one hand how many times I've been to a five-star restaurant. It just wasn't my kind of crowd. However, it was there's and I don't want to change who I am to fit in with them, but I was willing to adjust just a little bit in order to help us get off to a good start.

And with Mama yelling in my ear I can't even think of a way I can accomplish that.

"Mama, can you please stop yelling?"

"Don't make stupid choices then I won't be on your ass."

"You know, this should be illegal."

"What should be illegal, Nehemiah?" I didn't have to turn my head to know she rolled her eyes at me.

"I have my own kid to boss around, isn't it like illegal for you to still be yelling at me like this?"

Her head snapped so fast I thought she had given herself whiplash. "Until you get outta my house, I will continue to parent you and influence you to make the right choices."

I planned on moving out pretty soon. Justice was getting bigger and I felt like it was time for me to have my own space with him. I don't want to leave my mama all alone, but it's been past time for me to leave.

The only reason I hadn't before is because I couldn't afford living by myself and then trying to move in with my friends just wasn't working out. However, with opportunities I've been receiving of late, I was finally able to.

Recently my name has been said a lot in the media which has brought me really big opportunities with really big brand deals. I'm really grateful for the opportunities, I've just been having a hard time with the social media aspect of it all.

I never really posted on my socials like that. You could get one picture a year out of me if you were lucky, now I have to be posting all the time.

I'm not complaining because it's allowed me to not stress over taking care of my son, but you know it's still a bit hard.

I've already looked at a few spots online that I'd like to go see in person. I wanted to make sure they were fully upgraded like the pictures showed and that there'd be enough space. I didn't need that big of a place, but I still wanted to be comfortable.

In addition to getting my own place, I planned on officially asking Kendall to be my boyfriend again and if he'd consider living with me.

I think it's something that I really need to do to solidify us. And asking him to move in with me was just a bonus. It's not like he wasn't going to be at my place all the time anyway so whether he officially moved in or not wasn't even going to matter.