Chapter Thirty-Nine

Kendall

"Don't forget the iPad, bug. I don't want you to be bored."

Today was finally the last game of the season. It happened to be a home game so we had the opportunity of watching it at the stadium.

All of our close family would be coming today to support Nehemiah. And because there would be so many of us he had to pull some strings to get us a private room.

Well, he didn't have to, we'd all just be more comfortable that way.

Usually, we'd just sit in the regular stadium seats just like everyone else.

Since we had a private room I wanted to be here an hour early to check in and make sure that we'd actually had a room. Although Nehemiah told me we were good to go, you never know what could happen.

Also, I had to deal with the long walk, and having a child who sometimes likes to run off or gets distracted easily causing us to stop ten times before we made it to our destination was also going to be a hassle.

Once I had everything I needed for Justice and he was safely out of the car I locked up and started our journey from the parking garage to the stadium's entrance.

Justice was trying to play his iPad while walking and almost made himself fall too many times that I ultimately just had to take it from him.

It resulted in him having a little 'tude but he was fine not even a minute later.

"Pa look! It's Maxi!" Justice said enthusiastically as he jumped up and down and pointed at the statue of the team's mascot.

"Mhm, she looks nice."

"And tall!"

"Yes very tall," I said admiring the statue along with him. "Do you mind taking a picture with her?"

"Okay!"

He stood in front of the statue and smiled exactly how you'd expect him to. I was quick with my picture-taking since he wouldn't be still for me for long.

I even got a few pictures of him facing the statue so you could see the back of his jersey which had him and his dad's last name on it along with Nehemiah's number.

I got Justice's name changed last year.

Obviously, Nehemiah wasn't there when I gave birth and it would've been strange to give Justice his last name at the time.

So I had to get that all sorted out before it really settled in and Nehemiah's feelings started to get hurt.

He now has both of our last names which was what we both agreed on.

"Okay let's keep going before we start sweating."

It was an abnormally hot day today. I swear getting Justice in the car had me sweating so much you would've thought that I would've had a thirty-minute workout.

Now I'm extra grateful that we have a private room because we'd be in some air conditioning. Plus, Justice got grumpy when he was too hot so this little private room situation is showing its perks.