Chapter Nine

I just want to start off by saying RIP to my boy Angus bc wtf. There is no euphoria without him.
🤍🫶🏾🕊️

***

Kendall

"Ken, come on, I'm leaving for my appointments. Come lock the doors," Aunt Pam said as I was slowly waking up.

The cover was tugged off of my body forcing me to jolt awake. "Sorry, kiddo. It's still pretty early and I need you to lock the top lock." "You won't be back soon?"

"I'll be out most of the day so you guys can have the house to yourselves. Now come on before I'm late."

I got out of bed and slipped on my slippers. I didn't wanna be walking around the house barefoot. These floors are extra cold in the morning until the heater gets turned on, which I turned on my way downstairs.

As Aunt Pam put on her coat, she turned to me with one of the biggest smirks on her face. "What?"

"You sure it was a good idea for that?" "What you mean?" I said, genuinely confused.

"For you two to be that close?" I realized she was talking about Nehemiah and I sharing a bed. It wasn't that big of deal to me.

"Well, I didn't want him sleeping on the couch. He's tall and the couch wouldn't be the best place for him. Plus, Justice was in the middle of us anyway so it wasn't even like that."

"I'm just saying. If you and Nehemiah gonna do y'all thing then go ahead cuz I want you to. But don't forget there's a whole nother man that's interested in you. Though you chose to act like he isn't."

"First of all, I'm not worried bout no man wanting me. Right now it's all about Miah creating a bond with his son and getting our lives back on track."

"If you want that to be successful I want you to remember that you and Nehemiah should take it slow and not rush it. Let it come natural."

"Don't worry, I remember. It's important to me that he gets the relationship with Justice that he didn't have with his own dad."

"You say that, but make sure you mean it. I'm not trying to be in your business." "You're just looking out for me and Justice."

"Mhm, you know him better than I do. You kids be good and call if you need anything."

She left me with a quick hug and left out the door. I went back upstairs to see the boys had shifted around in the bed a bit.

Justice was now laying on Miah's arm that he had stretched out across the bed and had his body facing his chest. While Nehemiah had his other hand rested on Justice's stomach.

This is the closest they been.

I bent down on Nehemiah's side of the bed and repeatedly poked his cheek to wake him up.

"What time is it?" He spoke as he finally woke up. He would've sat up but seeing that Justice was on him he stopped.

"Around nine, I was wondering if you wanted to go out today or if you preferred spending time indoors." "What will Justice prefer?" "Probably going outside to exert all his energy."

"Outside it is." He sighed, laying his head back on the pillow. I'm sure he would fall back asleep, but I kept speaking to him in the meantime.

"I'll start thinking of some places for us to go then. You hungry?" "No, not really." "I'll make you something easy and light then."

"That sounds great Ken." He yawned closing his eyes again.

"Meet me downstairs when you're ready. If Justice isn't awake before you're done then just put pillows around him."