Chapter Nineteen

Nehemiah

"Justice, you can't pick up everything you see! Especially bugs."

I sat back against the bench as Ken tried to swipe whatever Justice had picked up this time. The boy was just an adventurous kid. Wasn't anything wrong with that.

So I laughed at how overdramatic Kendall was being right now.

"It's not funny Miah." He hit my shoulder as he sat next to me. I raised my hands up in defense and tried to stop my laughter.

"Sorry, but it's funny." I chuckled. Ken proceeded to roll his eyes and shake his head.

We had been at the park for a while now. Our spring break was coming to an end we just wanted to do something that was chill today.

Throughout the week I had taken the three of us to the zoo, a water park, the children's museum, and this little arcade place that was catered to kids Jay's age.

It was all really fun and I think my excitement level was just as high as Jay's. Spending this time together was making me feel a lot better about my previous doubts.

Not only that, but I see why Kendall considered us as a family. At first, I figured us being a family meant that Kendall and I had to be together, but now I see that- that isn't true at all.

We are a family, just in our own unique way.

"So, how much longer you wanna be out here?" He asked me, checking his phone.

"I'm good with whatever you wanna do. If you got somewhere else to be then I can head out."

"No, I don't. I was just asking."

I couldn't help but notice that he had been acting a little weird today. Ion know if it was me or something I did but I wasn't liking it.

Usually, I would just flat out ask what was up, but since we're having such a good day I didn't wanna mess up the vibes.

Our whole spring break had been so good and today he wanna be all weird. Then again it's only one day. I ain't gon bug him unless it becomes a lil more concerning.

"Bunny?"

"Yes."

"You know what Mama told me last night?"

"No, but perhaps you're going to tell me."

"Yes, I am because she really hurt my feelings. Almost had my eyes sweating."

I started to tell him the story of what happened but his face was back in his phone. This was the weird behavior I was mentioning.

Any time I tried to speak to him I would notice that he'd look down at his phone, or turn it over when he was getting too many notifications, or not listen to me because he was distracted by it like now.

"Aye, your phone alright or you just not tryna listen to me?" "No, sorry everything's okay. Rewind just a little bit for me."

He shoved his phone in his pocket and turned his body so all his attention would be back on me.

"Who bothering you?"

"Nobody, I said everything was fine." "Well it has to be someone or something. You be in and out all day."

"I said nothing Nehemiah. I'm just distracted that's all."

"Okay, if you say so." I shrugged. "Come with me, I wanna take some pictures of all of us. Gotta show off my son for the gram."

"You're an idiot," he mumbled getting up. Unfortunately, he was the idiot in this situation.

I pushed him down into the ground making him fall on his face. I quickly got on top of him and pulled his phone out of his pocket. I could hear him underneath me talking shit, but I needed to know what was up with him.