19

Wei Nanci put the hair tie on the table, then returned to the couch and lay down again.

But as soon as he closed his eyes, he felt a faint aroma of chestnuts lingering in his nostrils.

The scent seemed to have some kind of special power. It smelled sweet and delicious, but if it smelled too much, it made people feel inexplicably agitated. I couldn't help but want to vent it.

Wei Nanci turned over and buried his head in the pillow, trying to block the smell, but he soon found that his pillow, even the sheets and quilt, seemed to be stained with the sweet chestnut scent.

He just tossed and turned in bed for a long time, without any sleepiness.

After a long while, he got up and went to the table to pick up the hair tie, and sniffed it between his nose.

As expected, it also smells of the familiar chestnut fragrance.

The suspicion that he had finally dispelled before could not help but surfaced again.

Is this chestnut scent related to Yuan Jing?

Also, why does he have some messy thoughts every time he smells this smell?

With such doubts, Wei Nanci didn't want to sleep, and finally got up and put on his clothes, put the hair tie in his arms, and left the Nuan Pavilion.

In the early winter after nightfall, the cold air is in full swing.

Being blown by the cold wind like this, his disturbed emotions finally calmed down a lot.

Wei Nanci did not go back to the mansion, but strolled along the long street all the way to Ji Ren Tang.

This Ji Ren Tang is the most prestigious medical clinic in the capital, and it is also the only medical clinic that does not close its doors after dark. There are doctors on duty almost every night.

"Deputy Commander Wei?" The drug boy on duty hurriedly greeted him when he saw him.

Wei Nanci nodded at him and asked, "Which doctor is on duty today?"

"Today is Dr. Jiang, who is seeing patients inside."

"Oh, I'm fine. Let's chat with him a little bit. Do your best. I'll wait for him here."

Hearing this, the clerk didn't show any politeness to him, and invited him to come in and sit down, and then went to make medicine.

Wei Nanci sat in the lobby for about a cup of tea, and Doctor Jiang came out of the consultation room.

"Doctor Jiang, are you free now?" Wei Nanci asked as soon as he saw him come out.

"It's late at night and there are no patients. Vice Commander Wei is looking for something to do with Jiang?"

Wei Nanci glanced at the little drug boy not far away, stepped forward and lowered his voice and said, "I want to ask you something private, can you speak for me?"

Dr. Jiang hurriedly greeted him after hearing the words and went to the back.

After Wei Nanci sat down, it seemed a little difficult to speak, and he didn't speak for a long time.

Doctor Jiang didn't urge him, picked up the kettle that was just boiling on the stove, and made him a cup of tea.

"Doctor Jiang still remember what Wei said last time?" After a long time, Wei Nanci spoke.

Dr. Jiang glanced at the sachet on his waist, nodded and said, "Could it be that Deputy Commander Wei can still smell the scent of chestnuts?"

"It's been a while since I've smelled it, but these two days..." He thought about it for a while, and didn't mention Yuan Qiao's matter, but changed his words: "I don't know why, I can smell it again these two days."