35

After Wei Nanci said those words, he stared blankly at Yuan Qiao, as if he wanted to hear some response from him.

Yuan Qiao felt a little uncomfortable being watched by him, so she could only say: "Then remember to wear more clothes, it must be cold by the lake at night."

"Yeah." Wei Nanci nodded, and said softly, "You too."

After explaining his plan, Wei Nanci sent Yuan Qiao back to Yuan Mansion.

Yuan Junke came back early today, and was talking to the housekeeper in the courtyard, when he saw Yuan Qiao, he stopped him.

"Where did you go?" Yuan Junke asked him.

"I..." Yuan Qiao was a little guilty, and changed the subject: "Second brother, why did you come back so early today?"

Yuan Junke looked him up and down, and said, "You still want to hide that little thought from me? You don't think your second brother, the commander of the Habayashi Guard, is a vegetarian?"

"Second brother...you know everything?" Yuan Qiao asked cautiously.

"Don't blame the past, just treat it as you repaying Wei Nanci's favor." Yuan Junke said: "But in the future, I hope you can keep a distance from him."

Yuan quietly nodded: "Okay, second brother."

"You will follow me into the palace tomorrow morning."

"Ah?" Yuan Qiao asked in surprise, "Is there something wrong?"

"Your Majesty mentioned earlier that he wanted to recruit you to work for the court, do you remember?"

"I remember, at the time it was said...after the new year."

"Tomorrow will be fifteen, and it's time to make arrangements for you."

When Yuan Jing heard that she was going to meet the emperor alone, she was quite nervous, "Second Brother, what will Your Majesty say to me?"

"Left and right are just asking what you want to do, what you can do, and what are your requirements." Yuan Junke said.

"Then what should I say?"

"Honestly, don't let the lion talk too much."

Yuan quietly nodded, her heart was still a little beating.

But his second brother never liked to speculate on the emperor's mind, so naturally he would not say much in front of him.

But Yuan Qiao also figured it out that night, the second brother didn't tell him, which meant that he didn't have to have too many scruples about this matter. After thinking about this verse, he relaxed.

Early the next morning, Yuan Jing followed Yuan Junke into the palace.

Today's rest, the emperor does not have to go to court early, so he can enjoy the plum blossoms in the imperial garden early in the morning.

When Yuan Qiao was brought there, the emperor was talking to a concubine beside him.

Seeing that he was brought over, it was convenient for everyone to retreat, leaving only the servant who was close to him.

"You and your second brother don't look very similar in temperament." The emperor said.

"Your Majesty, Xiaomin looks more like the eldest brother in the family." Yuan Qiao replied politely with her head down.

"Today I just came here to chat with you, you don't have to be restrained." The emperor waved to him as he spoke, motioning him to come closer.

Yuan quietly took a few steps closer and took the opportunity to take a sneak peek at the other party. The emperor looked about forty years old, with a well-rounded appearance and elegant temperament.