Prologue

Aelys

A knock on the door of my bedroom awoke me. I went and opened the door, meeting my fathers brown eyes.

"Hello, father. Is everything alright ?"

He stared at me for a few seconds before straightening his back a little more.

"Change into formal clothes, dear. We have somewhere important to go."

My eyes widened and a smile crept on my face. Father never let me out of the house. He always claimed it was for my own safety, saying being on the Dark Lord's side could make me a target. He said his enemies wouldn't hesitate to hurt me for information even though I knew nothing of my father's business. I just knew which side he was on and honestly, I couldn't care less. Who was I to discuss my father's beliefs ? If he was on Voldemort's side, he had good reasons and I had no right to question him.

Father asked me to meet him downstairs ten minutes later so I ran toward my closet and picked a pretty Black dress. It's length was just above my knees, the sleeves ended mid-elbows and it hugged my large hips perfectly. It was formal but it still made me look hot. I took my wand and casted a spell to do a simple make-up, basically mascara and red lipstick. I brushed my brown hair, letting them untied and falling on my back. I put my wand in my tight strap, not wanting to take a purse. I put some black heels and went downstairs where my father was waiting for me.

Once he saw me, he nodded, approving of my clothing, before offering me his arm. I understood we would apparate and linked my arm with his. He flicked his wand and the twisting sensation took over my body, making me close my eyes in discomfort.

When I opened them again, they widened, amazed by the huge manor we were in front of. Father opened the gates and gestured for me to follow him and we were soon at the big doors, knocking. A woman with black and white hair opened with a warm smile.

"Mister Parkinson, please, come on in. Oh, hello, my dear, you must be Aelys ?"

"Hello, Miss, yes, it's me. I am terribly sorry if I sound impolite, but I am afraid I don't know your name."

I said embarrassed. Her smile somehow grew bigger and she hugged me after closing the door behind us.

"Do not worry, my sweet girl, you are not impolite at all ! I am Narcissa Malfoy, it is a real pleasure to finally meet you. Your father and your cousin have told me a lot about you !"

I smiled at the mention of my cousin, Pansy. Considering Father kept me locked away in our mansion, she was my only friend and I cared for her deeply. Unfortunately, since she was studying at Hogwarts and I was at home, we couldn't see each other as much as we pleased. I really missed her and I hoped to see her soon. My Father cleared his throat, bringing me back to reality.