𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 2

Aelys

It took me a few minutes to calm down and for the tears to stop. I stood up and went to the bathroom to freshen up, cleaning the mascara that was staining my cheeks. I heard a clicking sound then a door creaking open. I froze slightly, understanding Mattheo had unlocked the bedroom door and was now in the room. I took a deep breath and exited the bathroom, almost colliding in his chest. I kept my head down, my gaze fixated on our shoes, waiting for him to yell at me.

"We're leaving. Now." He spats.

I saw him turn around and I followed him in silence. I hadn't taken a coat and I was really hoping the weather would be in my favor as I had no time to grab one. I was positive Mattheo would snap if I asked to go back to our room in order to fetch it. I swallowed the lump in my throat and exited the Manor behind him. I supposed we would apparate since he seemed to lead us where Father and I had apparated the day before. My eyes didn't leave the ground, my mind repeating Mattheo's words from earlier. Was I really just some womb to carry the Riddle's Heir in the Dark Lord's eyes ? A gentle grip on my left wrist took me out of my thoughts and my eyes snapped to the hand holding it. The skin was pale and a single silver ring with a snake sat on its ring finger. It wasn't Mattheo's as his skin was slightly tanned. I looked up and saw Draco's gentle smile.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you."

"I was just in my thoughts, that's fine." I shook my head, my lips turning up a little.

I saw Mattheo rolling his eyes from the corner of my eyes. He grabbed my right wrist, his grip harsh, nails digging in my skin then the feeling of apparating overtook my body. I tried to keep my balance once we reached our destination and fought the urge to throw up after apparating so abruptly. Mattheo let go of me as fast as he had grabbed me while Draco left his fingers around my wrist, his touch still soft. His gray eyes were filled with concern. I smiled, letting him know I was fine and he seemed relieved.

"We don't have all day." Mattheo spats, his eyes on Draco's hand, glaring.

I fought the urge to roll my eyes, not wanting to start yet another argument with him. Draco let go of me and we started to head toward a bookshop. Mattheo went to the counter and gave a piece of paper to the employee. I guessed it was the list of books needed for school as the man disappeared for a few minutes before coming back with a basket full of books. Mattheo paid and we exited the shop in a heavy silence. His fists were clenched and I wondered why he seemed so angry.

Draco and I trailed behind him, letting him buy whatever he and I needed for our year at Hogwarts. Draco bought some things as well, making conversation with me, which seemed to angered Mattheo more. My gaze fell on the animal shop and I stopped in my tracks. The blond noticed and turned to see what I was looking before smiling. He started to open his mouth but was cut off by Mattheo's raspy voice.