𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 32

Aelys

Classes were starting again today but the tension between students was still present. As we were sitting in the Great Hall for breakfast, we could hear some people talking about Granger or the upcoming war. Most of the Slytherins were silent and it was no surprise since a lot of us were involved in this more than we wanted to be. I heard Theo's and my name several times but I bit the inside of my cheek to refrain myself from snapping.

My head shot up toward Theo as I felt his warm hand squeezing my thigh. His face was filled with concern but I could see the glimmer of anger in his chocolate brown eyes.

"Don't listen to them, love." He whispered.

I nodded and sighed, returning to eat my muffin. He was right, I had to ignore them. I already had enough to deal with to add to the list.

My eyes wandered through the Slytherin table before stopping on three boys. Pucey was talking loudly about some girl he had hooked up with while Flint was grinning disgustingly, intently listening to his friend. Then there was Tom. His blue eyes were fixed on his cup of coffee and he seemed lost in thoughts. I didn't know if I should talk to him. Us arguing didn't change the fact that he was my friend.

I noticed Mattheo looking to see what had caught my attention and he huffed in annoyance. My brown orbs returned to his and I frowned.

"What ?"

He just shrugged and I sighed. I loved his jealous side, but sometimes he was overreacting. But I didn't have the energy to argue with him today.

"Did you two talk yet ?" I whispered.

He shook his head and rolled his eyes.

"Everytime I try, those two assholes are there and they refuse to leave us." He growled.

My gaze returned to Tom but this time our eyes met as he was already looking at me. I frowned and tilted my head toward Mattheo in a silent question. He rolled his eyes and poked his tongue to his cheek, looking back to his coffee. I turned my attention back to my fiance who was watching me intensely and I smiled softly.

"Perhaps you should ask him to come to our dorm. He'll be alone and you'll get to talk."

He sighed and nodded, knowing it was the better option since he couldn't have a conversation with his brother as long as Pucey and Flint were there. He looked at Tom and I noticed how the younger Riddle tensed, probably because Theo was communicating with him through his mind. He looked at his brother and nodded before getting up, clicking his tongue causing Pucey and Flint to stand up as well, then they left the Great Hall.

"That was weird." I muttered.

Theo nodded, frowning. Tom seemed to be some sort of leader for them and I knew Theo didn't like it one bit because I didn't. They were Death eaters, that fact had been established right away, but Death eaters were supposed to follow orders from the Dark Lord and Theo only. He was the future Lord and his Father's right hand. In the absence of the Dark Lord, it was Mattheo we had to listen to. For Pucey and Flint to act like Tom was their Lord was disconcerting and concerning. I truly hoped Tom didn't have some sick plans to steal the throne from his brother. If he did, it would only complicate things and we didn't need that.