𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 30

Aelys

¤ 1 week later, 22 of October ¤

All week, students have been stressed and fights have erupted everyday. Pansy was the only one beside Mattheo to know I was behind Granger's death. I had told her about my tasks and she knew I had no choice.

I had refused to leave the dorm for two days, too terrified to be caught by the Aurors roaming Hogwarts' ground. However, Mattheo had dragged me for a walk around the Black Lake the third day because he knew staying locked in our dorm would only raise suspicions. I knew he was right so I sucked it up and started to socialize with our friends again.

Daphne and Astoria were terrified the murderer would come back and attack another girl while the boys were trying to figure out who was the killer. Mattheo and I had agreed to not tell them it was me even though they were death eaters too. It wasn't safe while the Aurors were here.

They were bound to find out either way since the Dark Lord wanted to call us all for a meeting as soon as the Aurors would leave the castle which was today.

They had left early in the morning and Mattheo's mark had started to hurt him during the afternoon, as well as the boys'. Theo and I were getting ready, him dressed in an all black suit and me in a long strapless black dress. It was quite basic but it was enough to please the Dark Lord. I put on my black heels and put my hair in a high ponytail. My make-up was simple as well, emerald eyeshadows, black mascara and red lipstick. I took a look in the mirror to make sure I was presentable when I saw Mattheo coming behind me, putting his hands on my waist and pulling me back to his chest.

"You look divine, my love." He whispered in my ear before moving his lips against the skin of my neck and kissing it lightly.

Goosebumps rose on my skin and shivers ran down my spine. My cheeks turned a soft shade of pink and my lips curled into a shy smile.

"You too, Theo."

A knock on the door made him pull back and he kissed my temple before going to the door and opening to our friends. They were all wearing black suits similar to Theo's and their hair were neatly styled. It was quite unusual to see them like this, they were always so carefree with how they dressed. They looked me up and down with grins on their faces and I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Hello, boys."

They answered in unison causing me to chuckle. Enzo came to me, grabbed my hand and made me do a spin so they could see me better.

"You really are beautiful, angel !" He smiled.

"Alright, Berkshire, hands off my fiance." Mattheo pushed him away from me, scowling.