𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 21

Aelys

My eyes fluttered open and I noticed I was laying on top of Mattheo. My head was pounding and I frowned as I remembered why. I lifted my head to look at Mattheo and I instantly felt bad as I looked at his bloodied face. He had taken care of me last night and he hadn't even healed his injuries or cleaned the blood off him. He was still asleep so I seized the opportunity to mumble a healing spell under my breath. He groaned softly and his eyes opened slowly. He frowned before softening his expression once he noticed me.

"Hey." I whispered.

"Hi."

His voice was still raspy from sleepiness and shivers ran down my spine. His hands were on my lower back and he softly stroked my skin with his thumbs.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled, putting my head down on his chest, ashamed.

He brought his hand up to my face, gently holding my chin between his fingers as he lifted my head back, forcing me to look at him again. He was frowning, confused as to why I was apologizing.

"What are you saying sorry for, love ?"

"You didn't take care of your injuries last night. I- I healed you before you woke up but you still have blood on your face and knuckles..." I sighed, looking away.

He cupped my cheek and stroked my cheekbone softly. He sighed before moving my body up, bringing my face closer to his.

"I'm used to being injured, princess. You were hurt too and you were more important. You are more important, my love."

I closed my eyes, fighting back the smile that threatened to invade my face. I felt his lips on mine and I kissed him back, feeling all the emotions he was putting into it. It was soft, full of reassurance. We pulled away and his warm eyes lit up as they met mine. I got off him and off the bed before offering him my hand.

"Come on, let's get you cleaned up."

A small smile tugged at his lips and he put his hand in mine, leaving the bed and letting me guide him to the bathroom. He leaned on the counter, trying to lower himself down a little so I could reach him since he was taller than me. I grabbed a towel and wet him, then I started to clean the blood off his face. His hands moved to my hips and his eyes never left my face, observing me all along. I then move to his hands and clean them as well. Once there wasn't any blood left, I kissed his cheek and smiled shyly.

"All done." I whispered.

"Thanks, princess."

He smiled and I nodded before pulling away and exiting the bathroom. He followed, grabbed a boxer and his uniform before going back to the bathroom, letting me know he was going to take a shower.