𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 38

𖥸 TW 𖥸

𖥸 TW 𖥸

Aelys

The following weeks had been particularly stressful as we were all working hard on the cabinet so it could be repaired before Christmas break like the Dark Lord had ordered us. Well, it was supposed to be Draco's task but helping him was a silent agreement between us. He was our friend and it wasn't a secret the Dark Lord would kill him if he were to fail.

Theodore had kept working on his task with Potter and he had discovered he was still trying to figure out what were the Dark Lord's horcruxes. The Order hadn't made any progress in finding more, meaning Voldemort was still untouchable.

There was still a week before Christmas break and today was my turn to work on the cabinet. Of course, Theo was coming with me. Ever since our wedding and my capture, he hadn't left my side. He blamed himself for not being able to protect me that day and he refused to let me out of his sight ever again, affirming no one would hurt me ever again. Unfortunately, his possessivity was worse than it was before and he would often get mad at me for talking with other boys. And yes, even our friends.

I was doing my best to ignore his outbursts. We were all under pressure with the tasks and the fact the war was nearing its end. I knew he would eventually calm down once everything was over. Besides, I was getting used to his temper by now.

Even Tom had started to hang out with us again, though he avoided talking to me or even looking at me. All he did was follow his brother's order and be there in silence. I was grateful for that because I was still furious at him. But he was still Mattheo's brother and I knew he still cared for him. I had to make an effort as well and accept his presence but he was no longer my friend. I could never forgive him for his betrayal.

"Harmonia Nectere Passus." I tried the spell again, flicking my wand at the cabinet.

Mattheo nodded slowly and put his plate full of chicken inside of the cabinet before closing it again. He motioned for me to do the spell another time and I did. We exchanged a glance as this time, a quiet cracking sound resonated from the cabinet.

Carefully, he opened it to see the plate was gone. He closed it and I tried the spell again, hope rising in my chest as the cracking sound could be heard again. When he opened the door, the plate was back but all that was left of the chicken was some bones.

We froze in shock, realization slowly creeping up our minds that we had succeeded and that the cabinet was now functional. Now, we had to let the Dark Lord know it was ready and Mattheo could kill Dumbledore so the Death eaters could invade the school. That was it. The turning point in this war.

"We did it." Theo mumbled, his brown eyes fixated on the plate.

I nodded slowly, not trusting myself enough to talk. I didn't know if I was relieved or terrified. I didn't know if I was ready for the war to finally erupt and to see Voldemort win. Theo snapped out of his trance and took me in his arms, hugging me tight and kissing my forehead softly.