𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 19

Mattheo

I made my way into the room of requirements in search of Malfoy. He probably hadn't made any progress since we were here for a couple of days but I was hoping he had clues on how to fix that damn cabinet. I found him sitting on a chair in front of it, his head in his hands. He looked like shit.

"Tell me you know what's wrong with this shit so we can get done with it fast."

His head snapped back up, startled. The surprise on his features disappeared quickly to be replaced by anger. I frowned, confused as to why he seemed so pissed. In seconds he was striding toward me and sending his fist in my nose. I was so caught off guard I didn't retaliate. I groaned and my hands flew to stop the blood from flooding.

"What the fuck was that for, Malfoy ?" I shouted.

"You really are a piece of shit, cousin !" He spat, raising his fist again but this time I blocked it by catching his wrist.

"You better explain yourself right fucking now before I kill you, cousin or not. I am still your future Lord." I spat, feeling my blood boiling with anger.

He snatched his hand away from my grasp and scoffed, his gaze sending daggers into my skull.

"You don't deserve to have her." He growled through gritted teeth, eyeing me up and down with darkened eyes.

I frowned and took a step back, balling my fists and clenching my jaw. It hurts. Not because he was saying it, but because I knew he was right. I had no say in who I married, but I had been lucky when it turned out that my fiance was Aelys. She was beautiful and was perfect in every way. Too fucking innocent and pure to become my wife. Yes, I had treated her like shit in the beginning but only because I didn't want to marry anyone and especially not a woman as sweet as her. I knew her becoming my wife would only ruin her. I had always known I would have to marry someone of my Father's choosing one day and I had always despised it. He didn't believe in love. He saw it as a weakness and had taught Tom and I to think the same. It was why he was the one to choose my betrothed. He didn't need nor want me to love my future wife. He only wanted me to have my own heir in order to ensure the Riddle name would remain. Same with his ruling over the wizarding world. He wanted me to carry on his reign.

To be honest, I didn't want to love anyone either. After being taught all my life love was a weakness, why would I want to experience it ? When I was 10, he told me I would have to marry once I was old enough. Telling me how he wanted me to carry on the Riddle name and his legacy as the Dark Lord. That day, I had promised myself to never allow myself to feel anything for the wife he would choose for me. She would only be a womb for my heir and nothing more.

That promise went to shit when I saw her. She was too beautiful to not feel attraction toward her. I had tried to hate her with everything in me, but I had failed miserably. I didn't know what I felt for her but I knew I cared too much for this girl. The simple thought of someone else having her made me insane. I couldn't bear it. She was mine from the beginning and will remain until our last breaths.

"I know what you did, Riddle." Malfoy spoke again, snapping me back to reality. "You fucking hurt her but that's not all. You also went and fucked some random girl behind her back." He spat, his voice full of venom. "And you have the audacity to pretend like you care about her in front of the whole bloody school !"

He was fuming and I was too. Not only because he was starting an argument about everything wrong I had done to her but also because I already hated myself for it. I had hurt her and I knew she didn't trust me completely and that was making me crazy. I wanted- no, I needed her to trust me.

All those emotions were confusing and overwhelming for me. All I had ever known was fear when I was younger, then anger as I grew older. I wouldn't say I loved her, but I did care for her. Him saying it was all an act was enraging me.

"You don't know shit, Malfoy." I growled.

He took a step toward me, his nostrils flaring and his pointer finger poking my chest.

"Then enlighten me, Riddle ! Explain to me why you've been glued to her side all fucking day acting like you actually like her after treating her like shit since you first saw her !"

I clenched my jaw and turned my gaze to the cabinet. I didn't know what he wanted me to say. Hating her was an act. Caring and being attracted to her wasn't. I didn't want to feel anything for her but I was afraid it was already too late for that.

"She's my fiance, Malfoy. She's fucking mine ! Our marriage is going to be announced publicly soon, I don't fucking want other guys to flirt with her !"

"That's fucking hypocrit of you after you fucked another girl yesterday." He scoffed.

"I fucking regret it !" I yelled.

His eyes widened and he stumbled back, taken aback.

"You what ?" He asked dumbfounded.

I ran my hands through my hair and pulled my curls harshly. I closed my eyes as I clenched my jaw harder.

"I shouldn't have fucked that bitch ! Satisfied ?" I huffed. "I never wanted to hurt Aelys. I don't understand what she's making me feel but I can't bear to imagine her with anyone else but me !" I shouted, desperate.

I ran a hand on my face and sighed. My shoulders slumped and I felt all the guilt coming back. I knew she was still hurt from what I had done and I fucking hated myself for it. It was a foreign feeling for me. I had never regretted doing anything before. Killing someone ? No regrets. Torturing some innocent soul ? No regrets either. Hurting someone's feelings ? No fucking regrets as well. I had no emotions before meeting her. I was just fulfilling my tasks and learning to become the next Dark Lord. I didn't have time to even think of feeling anything. My only happiness was when I would feel the blood of the poor souls I would kill or torture slid between my fingers. Even fucking some whores never brought me any satisfaction. It was just pure lust and I couldn't care less about the whores's pleasure. All that mattered was my own.

But with Aelys, everything was different. I had felt drawn to her the moment our eyes had connected. She made me care for her when I didn't want to. She made me hate the simple thought of her with another but me.

To think I wanted to ruin her so no one would ever want to have her before. Everything changed the moment our lips met for the first time. I had feared what would happen once I would have her and now that I had, I was terrified. Every touch from her made me shiver. I had never enjoyed people touching me, not even during sex. But her ? I fucking loved it. Her plump lips around my cock had felt divine but having her moaning my name as I was pleasuring her... I didn't have words to describe how that had made me feel. It gave me the want and the need to praise her like a fucking goddess because that's what she was.

She didn't belong with me, yet, I didn't want her to be someone else's. She was mine, only fucking mine.

My eyes moved to Malfoy, seeing how his eyes were still wide and his mouth agape.

"Oh, Merlin." He breathed. "You're falling in love with her." He muttered, incredulous.