𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 11

Aelys

I woke up with a headache due to all the crying I had done the night before. The other side of the bed was empty and I exhaled in relief. I was safe for now. I got up and went to the bathroom. I grimaced as I saw my reflection in the mirror. My eyes were puffy and my cheeks strained with dried tears. I looked like shit. My hair was tangled and I sighed at the thought of entangling them. It was going to be fun. I splashed water on my face, appreciating the coldness on my skin. I grabbed my hair brush and started to smoothen my brown hair. A knock on the door made me freeze and I didn't move, scared Mattheo was back.

"Babe ? Are you here ?"

I started to breathe again and put my hair brush down on the counter, I headed for the door and opened it. Pansy immediately engulfed me in a bear hug, squeezing out the air out my lungs.

"Too tight, Pans !" I coughed and she let go of me, mumbling apologies.

I chuckled and we went to sit on the bed. She put my hand in hers and smiled softly.

"Are you alright ? What happened with Riddle ? He came back even more pissed than when you left the party."

"He asked me why I kissed Tom but he was scaring me and he noticed... He just went madder and he asked me if I was afraid of him and I said yes. He threw a glass against the wall and stormed out of the room. I haven't seen him since..."

She frowned and scratched her neck nervously.

"What is it, Pans ?" I asked softly.

"When he came back, he punched Tom and left again. Don't worry, Tom's fine. His nose was broken but Enzo healed it with a spell. Mattheo left right away and we never saw him come back either."

I frowned too. Where did he disappear ? The room's door opened and my eyes widened at the sight of Mattheo. His blouse had strained blood splattered on it and he had a busted lip. His knuckles held dried blood. His hair was a mess and his clothes were out of place. But what caught my eyes was the lipstick stain on his neck and at the corner of his lips. I felt a pang in my chest at this. He had been with another woman. He had lost his temper because I had kissed Tom and he had the audacity to go and fucking cheat ? I felt anger and sadness overwhelming me and I looked at my hands, balled into fists on my lap. Pansy squeezed my knee and told me she'll come back to check on me later. I looked at her, nodding, and I saw her death glaring at Mattheo as she pushed his shoulder harshly when she passed by him.

"Watch yourself, Parkinson." He growled.

"No ! But you better watch your back, Riddle !" She spoke through gritted teeth as she turned back to him, her pointer finger poking his chest.

She stormed out of the room and I got up off the bed, walking to the closet without saying a word. I grabbed clothes and went into the bathroom, slamming the door behind me. I put my clothes on the counter and started the shower. I took my shirt off, leaving me in my bra and shorts. Just when I was pulling my shorts down, the door opened and Mattheo strode in. I froze and glared at him, seeing him starting to undress as well.